Search results

1. M

Murry Reese

Help!!!!!!!!!!!, i have some props that murry did not label or price. How can i determine what the props are and their value (i'm no pushover). Also, have lots and lots of other boat stuff to dispose of, suggestions appreciated. Mrs. Murry (jean) reese
  2. M

Murry Reese

Runs just for murry. I love him, i miss him and one day i will see him again. Jean reese, the pit crew for murry
  3. M

Jackplate, engine height

Sounds like you may be getting the engine up so high that the prop is not getting a good bite.
  4. M

New allison owner on the water soon

Hey Bob, glad you got what you wanted. If I can be of any help to you let me know.
  5. M

Set-Up on XR-2001

Yep,. I have a Stainless trim gauge. I have it marked where the trim is neutral (that is no positive or negitive) I have been running it in that neutral position. Guys, I do apperciate your input. I am sure it will all pay off with a little more seat time.
  6. M

Set-Up on XR-2001

Thanks guys. Hillbilly, I am an old guy and may let my boat go before to long, but not yet. I am runing a 26 ET. I have a 28 ET, a 29 Hoss and a 28 Cleaver. I may not have enough seat time in this boat-perhaps 30 to 40 minutes. I just thought that as I have lots of time in other Allisons I...
  7. M

Set-Up on XR-2001

I need some input on the set up of a XR-2001. The boat is Matthew Caldwells 2005 model. According to Bill at Allison the weight of the boat is 510 pounds. I have a 6" jackplate and an running a stock 280 short shaft. The prop shaft is even with the pad and the fuel cell is 10 gallons mounted...
  8. M

New Here

One more bit of information. The small lower unit works best with the V-6, such as a SSM with either 14/15 or one with 1/1 gears. The wedge I built was a 1" alluminum and was machined from the 1" at the top to 1/4" at the bottom. Worked great. Should you have any questions let me know. I am...
  9. M

New Here

The picture is on S&F. Go to "search" and type in "Allison 50th Anniversary Gallery". The boat is the red and white with the V-6 that has steering wings. It is on a white Dilley trailer with chrome wheels and behind a Chevriolet P/U. There are some other pictures of on on there but that is...
  10. M

XR2001 Battery Placemet

Brack, you be my man for all these years. I didn't even know you were interested in my XR. You never said anything. Take care my friend.
  11. M

New Here

Look at the Allison 50th anniversity. The red and white 15' with the V-6 is my old boat. It is still running. I sold it to a guy and have been trying to buy it back ever since I let it go. The motor is a 2.4 (at that time Formula 1) with a 1 to 1 lower. I built a wedge to tuck the motor in...
  12. M

XR2001 Battery Placemet

I will be sure and let you know when I decide to let it go. The hull, trailer and motor are all 05's. I have had the motor since new and have an hour meter on the switch as well as the ECU reading. I bought the boat from Puckett about a year ago ( I guess Caldwell traded it to Puckett when...
  13. M

XR2001 Battery Placemet

Thanks Guy's for the response. I have Matthew Caldwell's old boat and just trying to get it set up. I don't know how he was set up and with a 15" mid and less H/P on the boat now I am going through trail and error, plus seeking all of the advice I can get.
  14. M

XR2001 Battery Placemet

I am running a single wet cell 1,000 amp battery and it weighs a lot. I have it placed in front of the fuel cell and just behind the seat by perhaps by 12". I am thinking it may be better to place it toward the back of the boat. Perhaps behind the fuel cell. The engine is a S/S stock 280 and...
  15. M

Anyone run a slalom course in a 2003xb

I had a 15' Allison and would ski behind it. i was 6' and 180. I could almost turn it 180 and ski the other direction-LOL
  16. M

Happy "b" day murry reese

Thanks guys. It was a good one.
  17. M

Happy "b" day murry reese

Bill, Thanks for the Wishes on this, my 77th Birthday. The primary problem that I have is that I can't go barefooted or people will ask about my alligator shoes. Thus, I always have to wear shoes. It is a good day that the Lord has given me tho. It is good to have friends like you. Murry
  18. M

Xb 200d pro comp for sale

I owned this boat before Bill. It is perfect-never beached. I did not fish out of it. I did not have a trolling motor on the boat. It is a very fast hull and has never been damaged in any way. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
  19. M

owned the most Allisons

My first Allison was a 15' I bought in 1971 from Mr. Paul. Since then I have owned two XB-2002's, one Super Sport and presently an XR-2001.
  20. M

Old farts can still have fun???

Thanks for the response Casey.