Search results

1. whipper

Promax Falls flat at around 6000 rpm.

Its a lovely place and lake. :]
  2. whipper

Thanks so far so awesome!! Running great over 7000 rpm with my 25 trophy again. I bet water was getting blown up the exahaust at higher speeds giving me a mist near compression in a cylinder perhaps. The last couple year i was thing she was just getting tired. now as strong as ever? wow haha I...
  3. whipper

haha 94 oct Chevron with Aces. I am off for a month now and heading to the lake south for 10 days and a week at our friend on the lake hear. :] BTW i also dumped some seafoam in the gas incase an injector wasnt happy. The fuel in there is real good. lol Rebuilt pulse pump and new filter. But she...
  4. whipper

Tightened everything up with locktight this time and fastened my brocado acu down. When i had the cowl off i noticed the bottom rubber nut of the ACU was missing and it was flopping around. Boy oh boy ill tell ya she has been running so good for so long I got complacent on my checks!! So I...
  5. whipper

I may have found the problem. Every bolt on the mid section and adapter plate was loose and 3 bolts missing!! Today testing saw water seeping in the back onto the pan. Maybe at higher speeds I was getting water were it didnt belong like a cylinder. haha Test again tomorrow night. red locktight...
  6. whipper

Im going to try new plugs first. Next to see if there's maybe a bad coil if the plugs don't fix it. Thinking wires, maybe a bad plug wire? Takeoff onto plane was pretty good. Would say not as snappy. Up to 60 floored up on on the pad to around 70, 25 trophy and thats all she wrote. Kinda odd...
  7. whipper

Change - Man have things changed around here...

Ok look for it im going to post a Q haha
  8. whipper

Fastest Bass Boat

haha
  9. whipper

SS2000 Prop Selection

They can be made to work but a 28 drag 3 by performance props right of the box is heaven!! Pulls like a 25 out of the hole midrange like a 28 and top end like a 30. Might be off a pitch or two on that summery but like that. lol i know lots of guys will say the same about them who have tried alot...
  10. whipper

SS2000 Prop Selection

A 25 trophy for rougher days at the lake and want to accelerate like a drag boat top speed mid 80,s in a hurry. 28 Drag3 from performance props in Sody Daisy. Same as T3X hydromotive prop that they dont make any more. BUT the TX3 and 4 props are like the Drag 3 and 4 out of Sody daisy that have...
  11. whipper

Grandsport w/ 3 Liter 250 Pro XS

28 drag4 buy performance ill bet works great on there or a 28 drag 3 also. Allison foil and balls in your jackplate cavity battery as far forward in the compartment as possible instead of at the very back and counter weights behind the glove box. :] Thats how I always imagined doing. Thats how a...
  12. whipper

ProMax rev limit

I spin mine 7500 all the time with normal flywheel. But as mentioned a lighter one is always better. Just with the Brucato ACU and 33cc heads a little richer mix on the acu no worry's. Oil injection delete off course.
  13. whipper

Engine height???

Raising the motor to high will actually scub top speed because you lesson the leverage and have more wetted surface. 1/4 below 1/8 below and up to even depending on load and prop. With a 14.5 to 15 inch prop you can get away with a little higher. You want the lip area { I know no lip} so pad...
  14. whipper

Adventure to pick up my Allison

Sweet ride!! I live in north western Canada toward Alaska and picked up my GS in Leesville SC 5000 miles one way. I flew out to check her out and had her transported to within a 1000 miles. haha That was 17 years ago. Been in love ever since. :]
  15. whipper

Grand Sport help

You dont even think about it but feel it in your but or body and balance accordingly keep her as perfectly flat as possible. I would say my movements are twice what I do now with tighter steering but could have been a slight cross breeze that day also dont recall? haha
  16. whipper

Grand Sport help

Coned CLE will run like a sports master sorta its a great and tough gearcase and coned even better. I run a modified CLE i did myself and love how it carry's my GS. You have a very potent package with a 280ROS!!! Wish i had one. lol The very best way to get your balancing act together fastest is...
  17. whipper

300R XB2003

So back to back what you like best 2.5 or 3.0 ? I imagine with a 260 or 280 there is no comparison in acceleration what about with a load probably better acceleration with 4 aboard with the 300?
  18. whipper

300R XB2003

Sick setup right there!! My next thing to do if I find the time !! I will though I have to do this. Dave how is backing out compared to a 2.5 ratcheting case? i assume you just back off slow and controlled no issues? Im also thinking because of the extra weight the bow might have {less} tendency...
  19. whipper

SS2000 falling off to one side on the pad

Providing your gearcase and bottom of your set up is in good condition 99% of blowouts are driver Error and the other 1% is mechanical. Being as you say a newbie to Allison and coming off a Hydrostream that has a completely different bottom and way more user friendly,i would really take it easy...
  20. whipper

Side steer 2003 to center steer

I did this with my existing seat base just turned it side ways and turned the stuff attached under the seat it self the same. Worked GREAT love it for solo love it for passengers. Mine is not full center steer but far enough over i lost 20lbs of shot and can also go way over to the other side...