Search results

1. CarolinaBurt

Allison Seat Slide Adjuster Source

Guys, I want to find a source for the Allison driver's bucket slide adjustment device. These don't rust, are very low-profile, and work well. I'd like to find these commercially available. Inputs appreaciated. I'm rebuilding a Glastron GT150 (Bond Live and Let Die boat) and want to install a...
  2. CarolinaBurt

Need High-Resolution image of This Allison Photo

Thanks for the replies and additional photo submissions. I really like that Team Jaco photo because of the awesome vapor pool just behind the cowling. Something about this photo screams "hauling A" to me. I suspect these were part of the record runs Jaco/Allison ran in the early 2000's - someone...
  3. CarolinaBurt

Need High-Resolution image of This Allison Photo

Guys, I would like to find a high-resolution image for this photo. I want to have it made into a poster for my office and as my screensaver..... I took it off of a FaceBook post, but this is a 100kb size image and I need lots more detail. Can anyone help? email = rrrtoolsolutions@gmail.com...
  4. CarolinaBurt

Adding Floatation Inside the Jackplate XB2002 - Drainage Issues

Flotation/buoyancy is a tough subject and is going to be hard to achieve externally. Water weighs approx 62 lbs per cubic foot (1,728 cubic inches). My jack plate's internals are approx 15" wide x 8" length x 15" tall for a maximum total of 1,800 cubic inches or 62 lbs maximum flotation/buoyancy...
  5. CarolinaBurt

Uh....wow! That one is way over the top for me. I was thinking of using a 2-part closed-cell pour foam to fill the void between the transom and outboard. If I use foam, I could add a 1/2 circle of PVC to create a drain void next to the transom. The ball has to go - too much risk of deflation and...
  6. CarolinaBurt

Chad, is the plate one that you made/attached or is it one of the Allison holeshot plates? Post a photo or two? Thanks, Gordon
  7. CarolinaBurt

Guys, many of us just participated in a long thread about on-board battery chargers with surprising concerns raised - those worried about weight. I've owned my '02 for 20 years now after purchasing it new in 1997. It has always sat low in the water at rest. The sponsons actually will go under if...
  8. CarolinaBurt

Mounting onboard charger XB02

Your luck with battery life is a lot better than mine. I keep mine separated and have only the starter/group 24 attached to the charging system of the outboard. I use my starter battery for powering the accessories - livewell, bilge, and the electronics. My trolling is 12V and it pulls 40 amps...
  9. CarolinaBurt

Guys, my batteries are hard to get to and I love the plug-in ease of the extension cord whenever and wherever I am - whether it's at home or hotel. I have my trolling group/31 battery in the port-side, rear-most location and can't even see the terminals. The starter group/24 battery is deep into...
  10. CarolinaBurt

I've got mine mounted to the front of the port (left) storage locker. I used 1/4" x 20p stainless machine screws and nyloc nuts and large fender washers to support the aluminum plate and charger. You can access the nuts/washers from the rod locker. This installation does not interfere with my...
  11. CarolinaBurt

Xb2003 Allison jackplate removal

My 1997 XB2002 has the larger 9/16" upper bolts. 3M 5200 Sealant is made for boats. I cringe when I hear advice for silicone anywhere near, let alone below the waterline. I've been rebuilding boats for years now and what I see as "cause of death" more so than all else - is water intrusion...
  12. CarolinaBurt

1979 Allison SST Handling Problems - New Restoration and Build

Guys, I just finished up a call with the Allison plant this morning and learned that these hulls would porpoise if over-weighted. With the unknown weight of the fiberglass repairs, addition of the XR4, running 2 batteries, and the fuel/oil injection tanks - we're asking this 16.5' hull to lift...
  13. CarolinaBurt

I should have added that the XR4 is set-up with a new, Laser II 24" pitch prop. For those not familiar with this vintage SST, there is zero (0) set-back built into the transom. The boat's pad is directly below the transom. Oddly, the transom also lacks the normal 12 degrees negative angle -...
  14. CarolinaBurt

Hi Guys, a friend has a real problem with porpoising in his 1979 SST. This is a complete hull repair/restore with a fresh rebuilt 1988 XR4 2.4L Mercury. The boat suffers porpoising so bad that he cannot get it to speed. Even with negative trim, the boat cannot be driven past the porpoising...
  15. CarolinaBurt

This is the best thing I've added to my Allison

Yes, I'd like to know the source and model used on the XB2002 - I'll get mine in White or Red..... Thanks, Gordon
  16. CarolinaBurt

Need Decal Maker - Source for Foil Decals for Boats

Guys, I am helping a friend restore his boat and we need to have some foil decals made to replace the old ones we've removed. Can you suggest a supplier that make replacements? The boat is a Norris Craft. Thanks, Gordon
  17. CarolinaBurt

Never Too Old or Too Wise To Make a Dumb Mistake

Ok, so I've thought about this more and more. I will be adding a Bilge Pump Float and wiring it to my bilge pump. I am also going to install a RED LED Warning light in the console - just above the steering wheel to show if/when the Bilge Pump is powered/running. This will alert me to water...
  18. CarolinaBurt

Best Boat Cleaner and Wax

Guys, I purchased the Collinite #920 Boat Cleaner and #925 Boat Wax - I am blown away ! Awesome stuff and made easy work of cleaning stains and nasty water and marine growth stains from the hull and gunwales. The wax is even easier... Worth the $20 it cost me for the pair. Thanks for the...
  19. CarolinaBurt

Never Too Old or Too Wise To Make a Dumb Mistake

Well, yes - I've made some dumb mistakes....many in fact. Fortunately, I've lived through them and learned from nearly every one. There are those though, that I had some help with in making and here's one that relates to the Allison. I'll tell my story and ask you guys to tell me how you fixed...