Search results

1. CarolinaBurt

Allison Seat Slide Adjuster Source

Guys, I want to find a source for the Allison driver's bucket slide adjustment device. These don't rust, are very low-profile, and work well. I'd like to find these commercially available. Inputs appreaciated. I'm rebuilding a Glastron GT150 (Bond Live and Let Die boat) and want to install a...
  2. CarolinaBurt

Need High-Resolution image of This Allison Photo

Guys, I would like to find a high-resolution image for this photo. I want to have it made into a poster for my office and as my screensaver..... I took it off of a FaceBook post, but this is a 100kb size image and I need lots more detail. Can anyone help? email = rrrtoolsolutions@gmail.com...
  3. CarolinaBurt

Adding Floatation Inside the Jackplate XB2002 - Drainage Issues

Guys, many of us just participated in a long thread about on-board battery chargers with surprising concerns raised - those worried about weight. I've owned my '02 for 20 years now after purchasing it new in 1997. It has always sat low in the water at rest. The sponsons actually will go under if...
  4. CarolinaBurt

1979 Allison SST Handling Problems - New Restoration and Build

Hi Guys, a friend has a real problem with porpoising in his 1979 SST. This is a complete hull repair/restore with a fresh rebuilt 1988 XR4 2.4L Mercury. The boat suffers porpoising so bad that he cannot get it to speed. Even with negative trim, the boat cannot be driven past the porpoising...
  5. CarolinaBurt

Need Decal Maker - Source for Foil Decals for Boats

Guys, I am helping a friend restore his boat and we need to have some foil decals made to replace the old ones we've removed. Can you suggest a supplier that make replacements? The boat is a Norris Craft. Thanks, Gordon
  6. CarolinaBurt

Never Too Old or Too Wise To Make a Dumb Mistake

Well, yes - I've made some dumb mistakes....many in fact. Fortunately, I've lived through them and learned from nearly every one. There are those though, that I had some help with in making and here's one that relates to the Allison. I'll tell my story and ask you guys to tell me how you fixed...
  7. CarolinaBurt

Best Boat Cleaner and Wax

Guys, I'm looking for a good cleaner wax that will help me clean my Allison and then protect the surface. Car waxes such as Turtle Cleaner Wax works, but you don't want to let it sit more than a few minutes. It can then take hours to remove. Thanks, Gordon
  8. CarolinaBurt

Fires In Louisville, TN - How Is the Allison Plant Area?

Guys, I've been watching the news and the unprecedented forest fires in Tennessee. HAs anyone spoken with Darris, Nancy, or Bill recently? Thanks, Gordon
  9. CarolinaBurt

Trailer Design - Matching Trailer To Boat For Proper Support

I just read through one of my favorite threads and it struck an old and familiar nerve... What Is Proper Hull Support? I've owned about 20 boats - everything from 12 foot Jons, 20+ foot pontoon, Jetskis, to my current Allison and stick-steer skiff, in various constructions and designs of...
  10. CarolinaBurt

Long Term Weight Support for Outboard During Storage Ideas

Hi Fellas, I've been doing something for the last few years and wonder if there are others doing the same thing or if there is a better way. When I have my XB2002 parked in the garage, I lower the engine to vertical and add wooden blocks under the skeg. I then raise the trailer tongue with the...
  11. CarolinaBurt

Yamaha Four Stroke 15 Horse Problems

Hi Guys, I've got a friend that has asked me to make his little 2000 Yamaha F15 four stroke run like new again. I purchased the factory service manual, so I'm ready to dive into it with the warmer weather coming. Here is the question - The engine will not rev uppast 4,000 rpm. Compression is...
  12. CarolinaBurt

Octane Booster Recommendations 2 Strokes

Hi fellas, I'm looking for some octane booster to run on an old outboard with shaved heads. Can you recommend a brand to me? Thanks, CB/Gordon
  13. CarolinaBurt

Advice Needed on Folding Top for XB2002

Fellas, I need some advice/input on which top is the best suited for my Allison XB2002. I had surgery some 9 years ago for melanoma cancer and I do not allow myself to get sunburned and really have to watch my exposure to the sun. Fishing trips for me are daylight to 9-10 AM latest and no...
  14. CarolinaBurt

Hi From CB - Still Fishing!

Hey fellas. I wanted to say hi to all my buds here on this forum. I hope all is well and life is treating you well. Keep 'em up on the pad - Gordon/CB
  15. CarolinaBurt

Floatation, Safety, and Your Thoughts

I've got a few questions for you guys regarding hull floatation and how important you think it is. How many of you have ever seen an XB2002 fully swamped with the engine attached? I am a lone fisherman. My favorite time to fish is in the early morning on Sunday or on occasion - a weekday...
  16. CarolinaBurt

XB2002 Rod Organization Help Needed

Hey fellas. I see a lot of the old names from years back - Lou, Jimmy, Red, T-Rex - I caught a pic of Glen Reynolds in this month's BWB magazine - still active in the racing. I was glad to see it. T-Rex, are you still doing the drags? Darn I miss those days. I have a question. Can a few of...
  17. CarolinaBurt

Hello All From CarolinaBurt/CB/Gordon

Guys, I have been busy with other interest and time flies. It's been years since I visited. I thought I'd come on and say hello to all of the "old guys". I'm still fishing on the weekends and terrorizing the neighbors with the same XB2002 and Merc SS. Hope all is well and I'll come back to...