Search results

1. Powellfisher

Need help with identification with lower unit

Thanks for the info. I looked on Ebay and someone has a Sportmaster for sale that looks like what I have except this one has a stamped metal water pump housing and mine is cast composite. They are asking $4200.00.
  2. Powellfisher

Need help with identification with lower unit

I have a 1998 Mercury 225 EFI Pro Max and the lower unit has the identification of R99I1345 RH R1.87:1 stamped on the mating surface. No other identification and I can't find any information on the net. You help is appreciated.
  3. Powellfisher

XB2003 Carpet

Is there a source for carpet for XB2003. I am in need of red carpet for a 1999. Thanks.
  4. Powellfisher

1999 XB2003 For Sale

Thanks. I take more in a few days.
  5. Powellfisher

1999 XB2003 For Sale

I found 3 pictures on an old computer, but don't know how to post them to this thread. HELP PLEASE!
  6. Powellfisher

1999 XB2003 For Sale

Coming on the market in about 2 weeks is my 1999 XB2003 with 1998 225 Pro Max. Boat is currently undergoing is post summer visit to the shop and I will have pictures when it gets back. Summer ends early in Colorado. There are no problems with the boat or the engine. White with red trim and red...
  7. Powellfisher

Blown Motor

From the discription it appears that you lost one or two cylinders to piston meltdown and then were transfering metal to the other cylinders. A common occurance when things start to get hot and melt. Meltdown occurs with a lean fuel condition or when a reduction in the fuel/oil mixture. If it...
  8. Powellfisher

Where do you live?

Mancos, Colorado. Right on US160 55 miles east of the 4 Corners or the US. My front yard is Mesa Verde National Park. It isn't the end of the earth, but we do sell tickets to those who want to stand on the edge and look down (or up).
  9. Powellfisher

Serious Chinge Walk

Thanks for the inputs. I have 3 batteries, 2 in front of the gas tank and one in the left side locker. That is where the charger is located as well as some other small stuff. I will try the weights since my lard butt 220lbs sits on the right side. I have about 30lbs of fishing gear and...
  10. Powellfisher

Serious Chinge Walk

HELP I am trying different props on my XB2003 with 225 Pro Max to get good hole shot, good top end, and good mid range. So far the best prop is a Trophy with 25 pitch. Not enough pitch, but definately the right type of prop. BUT - SERIOIUS CHINE WALK at about 65MPH. 65MPH is 5800 RPM...
  11. Powellfisher

Hyd. steering & Livorsi wireless kit???

Even though you may cut the ends off of the cables they are still a pain to take out. I just did it. Lots of tywraps and tape and cable clamps. I don't know how they did it, but some of the tywraps are almost out of reach along the right side. So you can't just cut the ends and start...
  12. Powellfisher

Hyd. steering & Livorsi wireless kit???

I have cables from an XB2003 but they are stiffer than a billy goat in heat. Need to be cleaned and lubed. Other then needing to be cleaned and lubed,and some chaffing on the outside of one of the cables they are in good shape. I have no need for them and they are yours for the shipping. I...
  13. Powellfisher

Replacing Cable Steering on XB2003

I am in the process of replacing the dual cable steering on my 1999 XB2003 with the hydraulic system from Allison. Cost of the system was $1345.00 plus shipping. This is the dual turn signal trim system (extra $100.00) which is what they are now installing on the production boats. It has the...
  14. Powellfisher

Allison Stickers

Where can I get genuine Allison stickers for 2003?