Search results

1. D

What to do?

I have a Grandsport with a 280 Short shaft and a JC coned lower unit. I leaned a cylinder out (not bad but still will need a sleeve and re-chrome). So I'm on the fence on what to do. My options are: 1. talked with Diamond Marine about rebuild. Diamond can push up the hp envelope by about 30 hp...
  2. D

Allison XB 2002 Flats Boat

Alright I've been bitten by the tarpon fishing bug. Problem is that I love Allison's also. So my thinking is to take a rough XB2002 and turn it into a flats boat. basically redo the whole top. Remove the current front area and raise it flush, move the end of the front floor and make a wall...
  3. D

Rally Awards

The Rally is getting close so I thought I would do a topic on the what, when where, how etc.. of the awards ceremony which is Friday night @ Terrace View restaurant @ 6:30(that's the "when and where"). The awards this year have been changed up slightly: Non Voting awards will be six. Four of...
  4. D

Maiden voyage

I've had the boat down since late January . I had the boat @ my buddy's fiberglass repair shop where I had the boat taken off trailer and any scratches on bottom repaired. Boat buffed, re pin striped and 9" Garmin installed. So yesterday afternoon was shake down day. Ran good but still have a...
  5. D

9" Garmin in a Grandsport

Got bored and decided to update the electronics in the Grandsport. Moved the glove box lower and put a Garmin 9" in it's place. Bought a JBL Bluetooth round stereo gauge which is going in to the right of the main gauge cluster. I'm keeping the speakers hidden in the gunnels. The Garmin should...
  6. D

stainless powder coated lower unit

I had my lower unit powder coated and thought I would share some pics:
  7. D

This year's upgrades

Thought I would start a thread on what your planned or in process doing in upgrades on your Ally for the next year's boating season. I'll start : On the Grandsport 1. mechanical trim indicator mounted on side like Bob did on his 2. adding a pyrometer gauge 3. swapping trim gauge for hour meter...
  8. D

Darris signature

I had Darris autograph my dash @ the rally......
  9. D

Running in the Key's video

While @ the Rally last week I had quite a few ask me to repost my video that I took in the keys. So here it is: (remember to put it in HD, let build and enlarge). Enjoy!!
  10. D

Getting close and excited!!

With a little over a week to go I'm getting pumped. Did all the cleaning, waxing, polishing, engine maintenance (fuel filter, water separator, plugs, lower unit oil, lower unit painted etc)... over this past weekend. So now I'm sitting in Cabo San Lucas hanging out @ Cabo Wabo (Sammy Hagars...
  11. D

23 Grandsport

Anybody have any updates on it? Sure would like one.
  12. D

Room available

As some of you are aware I'm running the Grandsport in the DSRA. Well, the next race is June 22 which is the same weekend as the Ally rally. Of course I want to do both. So this is what I came up with: I changed my reservation @ the Terrace View to Tuesday & Wed. and drive back Thursday. Then...
  13. D

Tooo much trim timer

Ran my first race this past weekend. 1/8 th mile track and had the timer set to high for the 20-30 mph headwinds. http://www.jcouvphotos.com/large_view.php?pid=88668
  14. D

Mangrove Running in the Keys

On vacation last week and shot some video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OtyBPQ7NDk
  15. D

"Gin" colored water

Just got back from a week in the keys and thought I would share a few pics: GOPR0162 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr GOPR0161 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr GOPR0164 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr GOPR0163 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr
  16. D

Allison GT 20 total restore w/ Merc 200XRI

1982 Allison Gt 20 restored 2011 by Jack Barsh of Full Throttle Performance. Took Jack a year to do. Total frame off restore. Probably one of the finest in existence. New stingers,floor,transom etc. Hull was totally regelled(bottom,top and inside).Hull weight is approx. 900#'s. All yellow,white...
  17. D

1996 Allison Grandsport Elite Ski

Boat has been totally gone thru. The new is(less than 1 year old): 1. all new Allison logo's 2. badges 3. trim pieces 4. cusom seat bases 5. factory Allison upholstery 6. factory Allison carpet w/ custom embroidered "Allison " and "Grandsport" logo's sewn in 7. 8 Livorsi gauges w/ tach...
  18. D

GT 20 hull weight

I picked up a GT 20 from a friend of mine for virtually nothing. I had just finished updating a Grandsport and was complaining that I'm in need of a new project. So anyhow he basically gave me his old GT 20 to restore. I was wondering if anybody knew what the hull weight is on these hulls. It...
  19. D

prop slip

I have a 96 Grand Sport with a stock 2000 200 xri on it that I have just restored.The motor has about 50 hours since a rebuild. I ran it Sunday for the first time. I put 6o#'s in the side passenger gunnel and let her rip. I ran 87.5 @ 6500 on gps.The gauges are brand new Livorsi ones. That...
  20. D

allison 24

Any updates on the new 24' model Darris is working on?