07 - 08 College Football

hack02

The season got started last night. It didn't take LSU long to flex their muscles. Some good games on tap for Sat. Tenn at Cali., Ga plays host to OK. St., and Monday night should be a good one, Fla. St. visits Clemson.
College football. I'm ready for it.

hack02

No GA for me, TN fan. Got another rough road game coming up for us,-- Fla Gators.
That was a good win foe the Gamecocks Sat. night. Alot of sad faces over here. South Carolina looked like a very balanced team. Run, pass, and defense.
Boy LSU put a butt whippin on Virginia Tech.

RedAllison

Hackimus it's gonna be another loooooooooooooong season in Knoxvegas huh??? :cuss:help

We were at a party Saturday night and it consisted mostly of the women chatting and doin womanly things and all us guys sat around the tv CUSSIN FULMER OUT!!! At one point I was SERIOUSLY considering, "MAYBE if we lost EVERY game this year, SOMEONE would step forward and buy his contract out?" :punch

A running game just DON'T cut it anymore in the SEC. You HAVE to have an aerial assult to stand above the rest!!!
RA

hang um high

There is no dought that tenn. is struggling again but I don't think you could hook a truck to fullmer and pull him out of hard nox. I do hate to go to death valley in two weeks

RedAllison

Hangum I DO think if we have another chitty year you'll see some "contract buyout" talkin and other such topics. The money behind that program and alumni is scary. Folks GETTIN tired of the boosheut. You can only coast one way... DOWNHILL!!!

:cuss:mad::punch

RA

hang um high

I do agree tenn. alum do spend the money in tha program. If we gamecocks want to compete we need to spend some ourself. you may be right this will be 10 yrs since last sec title heads may role

hack02

Red, I hear where your coming from but I like seeing them able to get a running game going once again. When you pound the ball down the middle it opens everything up for the recievers. Last year in the Fla game they had something like a -5yards on the ground. You can't win many games like that. Also, its good for eating up clock. Thats what SC did to GA at the end of the fourth quarter, run the ball. This year they have no defense, TN, none whatsoever. They are scoring points, but giving up alot of points also.
Sometimes it seems like winning in college football runs in cycles. Up for a few years and down for a few. Look at Mich. and ND. Also, Auburn was strong last year and got beat this year by S. Fla, which by the way is a pretty good team. They beat WV last year.
My opinion on coaches. You have to have a coach the really good players want to come and play for. Recruiting is everything.

JR

My family has "Football" issues since my Wife went to High school at LSU [University Lab School] and I am a Gator, FSU and Miami fan.

She likes the Florida teams too [since usually one is a winner] but but I still can't get the "Tiger" out of her.

Go Gators...

amosXB03

What a weekend, top 25 turn over, and GA Tech sought and got revenge on my tigers for last year. Disappointment, but I don't let a bunch of 18-20 something kids ruin many of my weekends anymore. Couple of big games this weekend , not to mention Thursday night in Columbia with USC and the Wildcats, hard to pick that one, as Kentucky looks very impressive, but Carolina definately can play with them if they play to potential. Hope my Tigers can pull one out against the turkeys this weekend, I will be there regardless.

hack02

I think 7 out of the top 13 got beat this past weekend. WV, Fla, Texas, OK, just to name a few. Its been a crazy year alltogether. Who would have thought that Kentucky would be a top ten team. First time in 30 years they broke top ten. Some good games lined up for this weekend. LSU is favored by 8 1/2 over Fla, too many points I think; and OK is favored 10 1/2 over Texas, again alot of points. Also number 4 Ohio St. takes on number 23 Purdue. And the Vols host neighbor GA.
Southern Cal looks tough to me. They look like a semi-pro team.

hack02

Well, so much for Southern Cal looking good; lost to unranked Stanford.
Was the LSU - Fla. matchup a hec of a game or what.

RedAllison

Yep the weekend was messed up even FatFulmer and his ladies managed to whup a "ranked" team!!!

:confused:
RA

john4utvols

Whats up with the rankings :confused, I thought Tenn would be at least the 2nd highest 2 lost team in nation, but oh no we got beat by Two top ranked team top 10 teams and beat #12 ranked team and barely made the top 25 :mad:. Put strenght of schedule in the mix and we would probably be ranked in the top 10.

RedAllison

lmao John, if they ranked by strength of conferences then it would be SEC followed by the "also gotta team" schools!!!

:laughing
RA

hack02

What a crazy season. Number 1 LSU and number 2 Cal goes down on the same weekend. Alot of football left to play though.