1971 Allison R-15

BLUElixir

Probationary User
1971 Allison R-15. I bought this boat as a small project and another quick lake toy. I've gotten in over my head at work and with other projects and I really don't have the time for the Allison. I have never had it in the water. I have always kept it under cover and gather that the previous owners did too. When I was planning this boat, people on S&F predicted that it would do 80-85 with a 140hp V4. Your power preference may vary from that... The boat is being sold without power. It is partially rigged. The hull seems to be very solid.

Here are some of the highlights:

real carbon fiber dash overlay
real carbon fiber overlay for shifter panel
dual cable steering
Hot-Foot throttle and cable
new Momo / Livorsi style steering wheel
new black carpet
CMC PowerLift jackplate
RCI "Pro Street" fuel cell - 16 gallon, with brackets and fuel sender - fits perfectly between stringers
Medalion 90mph spedometer
Medalion fuel guage
Land and Sea 10,000rpm tachometer
dual axle trailer
cover

Please email me for pictures (I don't see an option to post them?). I am not looking for any trades. The boat is located in northwest Arkansas. Asking $2200
email: adam@adamsells.com
Phone: 479-253-0701

Thanks for looking!

K.Kiser

I have a 16' Allison copy (360lbs.) that has had 3 different engines on it from a warm 140, HOT V6 OMC on alcohol, and a strong lake 2,5 Merc... They are amazingly quick and an absolute joy to drive... Speed will be no issue, BUT THEY WILL get you hurt with a bit of negligence... I've had Mine for 12 years now, and despite many $ offers I haven't been able to let it go just yet... They are truly wonderful little boats... BTW, My warmed over 140 would pull 85 with no problem with minimal set-up... I ran 1 SDBA race with it at a miments notice and no set-up... It ran 73 mph in the 1/8 mile with a 25p DAH Cleaver ( naturally a horrible holeshot ) and the engine gasping for air at 550'... The Merc V6 on that boat was explosive and abusive, it turned a bunch of heads... Good luck on the sale...

BLUElixir

Probationary User
price lowered

K.Kiser, thank you for your interesting experiences. I appreciate the post!

The price of the boat has been lowered. Please see the original ad for the new price!

Thank you!