1989 Xtb-21

gstorr

Probationary User

ARLIN

I have a light gray and medium to dakr gray 1989 XTB. Your stripes look to be in excellent condition--wondering if they were replaced along with the Allison decals?

motobuffy

I am the owner now and I doubt Gary will be back on the forum soon, as he is no longer an Allison owner. In short, the new decals that came with the boat were not installed, so the ones you see in his pics have some age on them. He got the boat in 96 (ish) and didn't mention any new decals being applied while he owned the boat.

ARLIN

I am the owner now and I doubt Gary will be back on the forum soon, as he is no longer an Allison owner. In short, the new decals that came with the boat were not installed, so the ones you see in his pics have some age on them. He got the boat in 96 (ish) and didn't mention any new decals being applied while he owned the boat.
Hope you enjoy your XTB. See my early posts about used XTB being good value and choice as engine weights, prices go up. I frequently have someone at the local 7-11 ask about my new (in sevice 15+ years) boat. I just go by the 2007 year model of my new trailer and say just breaking her in. Ha!

What engine are you running?

P.s. Went to Jasper this past weekend to check out the hot ODBA boys. Mrs. Allison was working away trying to sell a few T-shirts and caps, etc., while Darris was cranking the jawbone. Ran into Tim Hackney of Performance Propeller, Soddy-Daisy, TN who had a vendor tent--great guy and prop shop. Hadn't seen Tim in a few years.

motobuffy

Haven't hung a motor on it yet. I'm trying to sell my current XTB first. Depending on the purchaser's wants, I may be hanging the 200 Yamaha (currently on the old boat) on this one. If it goes with the old boat, I'll be looking for a promax or 200xs.

Contractor

i will put $ 4000 in the boat and rigging..wbhall54@ msn.com thanks,,

motobuffy

I'm waiting for a smartcraft guage & registration #s to complete the rigging of this boat. Got a low hour 2.5XS hanging on the back now. Will still have to play with setback, weight distribution, and prop, as I haven't found any info on this combination. I'm banking on Lee Sanderson taking it out for a spin to recomend changes to get me close.