1990 xb02 project

Bill Kemp

this is the first project on mine with many more to go as the wife lets me spend money :roll: :roll: got the plate from a fellow allison owner and i'm in the process of have it powdercoated

J

John Richied

When they powdercoat it can they keep the gold inlay in the Allison lettering?

I have a 9” plate I sandblasted and it’s down to the clean look of brushed aluminum.

I also have the adjustable 10 to 13.5” Allison plate I painted and it didn’t turn out as good as I wanted it to.

Bill Kemp

john a good powdercoat person can save the original color on the letters or even coat them back to the original color. a good friend is doing mine and we went with the red letters to match the pinstrips on the hull now i just have to get it changed out with the one on the boat

Bill Kemp

started the next phase of my restoration order new carpet, bucket cover, high back fishing seats, rubrail, and decals going to spend the next month wet sanding and buffing

Bill Kemp

mtolley i have finished the top side wet sanded and buffed new rub rail new emblems and pinstripes new carpet and seats it is looking great now did not take any before and after photos was not sure how it would turn out wish i took some now that i finished with it