1997 XB2003 280SS

Kerry Cordy

IMG_5738.JPG IMG_5724.JPG IMG_5726.JPG IMG_5720.JPG IMG_5719.JPG

I'm the original owner of a 1997 XB 2003. I re-powered it in 2012 with a 2005 280ss with 35 original hours since first owner bought new. It now has 71.1 total hours. I did the leak down this week as per pictures. The motor has never been apart. I had Brucatto do the injectors when I bought the motor and again last year. I upgraded to the Allison hydraulic steering, added the skid planer and the manual trim indicator. The boat has a hydraulic jack plate but I set the motor 1/4 below the pad and tightened up the bolts for conservative safety reasons. I converted the original drum surge brakes to Disc. Bow and dash have Lowrance color gps fish finders. Package includes a 2nd Johnson trolling motor. I bought it used for a back up but never had to use it. I have a 2nd used stock 26 Trophy for a back-up. The boat has not been abused or damaged. It has a few very small nicks below the rub-rail from lures and that's it. The rub-rail is original and flawless. The boat has never in its life been drug up a beach as can be seen in the pictures. The pad and lip are stock and flawless as per pictures. I used the bench seat a few times. The rear sit-down seat has never been used. The Carpet has a season left in it but it will need to be replaced. I only used the two buckets. The bucket covers have no tears or holes but as you can see they show their 20 year history. I have both bike seats and pedestals. One is good and the arm broke off the 2nd one. The boat runs 89mph fully loaded with 2 anglers. Life for me has gone in another direction and I just don't have time to go fishing anymore. I would like the boat to go to someone that will appreciate what a rare and unique package this is.

25k or best offer, Thanks, Allen

Last edited:

Kerry Cordy

I will be taking the boat to another dealer to re-verify the leakdown and compress numbers. Thank you fellow Allison owners for contacting me to review this test. There is definitely something wrong with Calvins compression gauge and the 115 on all cylinders makes no sense. I will get a certified report next week of the actual leak down and compression and re-post. Thanks, Allen

scj

This boat is sweet!

Unfortunately the idiot dealer (Ranger Allison on the work order) screwed you over.

What oil did/do you premix with?

Dave Hensley

Allen does it have an ROS or a CON box? Looks like CON from the pic that shows starboard side of motor but can't read it well enough to be sure. Does the clamp serial number and the powerhead serial number match?

Kerry Cordy

Dave, I will go take pictures. Yes I believe it's the consumer model. I will take pictures of the 2 numbers. Yes, they will match because this motor is all factory original.

Allen

Kerry Cordy

This boat is sweet!

Unfortunately the idiot dealer (Ranger Allison on the work order) screwed you over.

What oil did/do you premix with?
I have only used 100% synthetic Pennzoil. I'm headed 3 hours south to a reputable Mercury dealer on the 15th for the tests. Yep, I should not have taken it to a Ranger Yamaha dealer, lol, Allen

Kerry Cordy

Allen does it have an ROS or a CON box? Looks like CON from the pic that shows starboard side of motor but can't read it well enough to be sure. Does the clamp serial number and the powerhead serial number match?
Here is the matching numbers Dave. 401? These motors don't weigh 401lbs correct? I thought from pass research they were like 350lb? Just curious.

Attachments