1997 XB2003 280SS

Jon

Supporting Member
The stock 280 is a little on the heavy side with the alternator, but thats not a huge amount of weight.

xb03

My SS 280 states 401lbs as well, remember they also have the long trim cylinder instead of the short.

Dave Hensley

Here is the matching numbers Dave. 401? These motors don't weigh 401lbs correct? I thought from pass research they were like 350lb? Just curious.
Excellent. The SS swing bucket is an offshore unit and were really heavy. You are correct the electrics add the extra pounds. 401 is still pretty trim!! I hope you find someone who can give you a clean bill of health on the 280. They are a little pricey to rebuild but if nik is good it isn't too bad.

Merlinwag

Beautiful boat. not quite there yet, but if this is still available when I get my ducks in a row.... where at in cali are you located?

Kerry Cordy

Merlin, I'm up in Redding. When you have a chance, send me a pm and maybe we can connect by phone to introduce ourselves. Allen

Kerry Cordy

The 280 will be the easiest thing in the world to sell. I have a total of 9 different pm's that want the motor and not the boat. I have a couple people that want the package, just waiting on cash from the sell of their current boats etc. Where are you located? Allen

Trojanlarry

The 280 will be the easiest thing in the world to sell. I have a total of 9 different pm's that want the motor and not the boat. I have a couple people that want the package, just waiting on cash from the sell of their current boats etc. Where are you located? Allen
How much for the boat only?

Trojanlarry

I am in southern cal

Kerry Cordy

I had an east coast buyer committed to buy my 2003/280 but changed his mine for a 2002. This boat is still for sell.
Thanks, Allen