20 & 15 inch mids

local103racing

I'm running a ros 20 on mine with a 187 fat shaft sporty and a 28 big ear chopper

nort

just looking at the Photo,....I would say no, it will not work with the 15 inch mid,
That looks to be an Allison factory plate. Assuming it is, I've got the same plate on my SS with a 15' mid and had one on my first 01 with a 20'. I used the same plate when I switched to a 12' with a Galen style clamp.
It'll work, you just have to adjust it to suit your application.

Brack

That looks to be an Allison factory plate. Assuming it is, I've got the same plate on my SS with a 15' mid and had one on my first 01 with a 20'. I used the same plate when I switched to a 12' with a Galen style clamp.
It'll work, you just have to adjust it to suit your application.
Assuming it is a Allison plate,....I had the same plate on my xb2002 with the 20 inch motor, then with a 15 inch motor.....wouldn't work, I had the motor on all the lowest settings, still to high....I could have make it work by cutting and re-drilling holes,..

been there and Done all of that,

looking at the photo, look at the side slide hole,.....looks to me you just have maybe 2 inches to lower it,......your going to need to lower it more than 2 inches for a 15 inch mid

JMO,

.......if it works for ya,.....good deal

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I am not using it anymore. I have it for sale and I was asked if it would fit a 15 inch mid. I didn't know so I posted a picture of it here and asked.

kornvb

Thanks for posting and asking the question. It looks like I can't have anything!

Brack

I would call Bill at Allison, and ask him a few Questions,.....maybe e-mail him a few photo's,

He is the expert on Allison parts,... he could tell ya fer sure,

LEVI LEDET

that one is only for a 20 inch the newer ones they make now can be used for both by flipping the plates around but the plate In the pic doesn't have the pre drilled holes to flip the plates around for it to work

aeneas

^^What he said. That looks like a jackplate for a 20" mid. I had one like that.
I now have an Allison 15/20 jackplate and it looks like this: