2003/225 PMax fishing prop

mha

Any suggestions on a loaded fishing prop for a 2003/225 Pmax w/ a drilled mid?

This is my first Ally (2003/14"/det) and my first Pmax with drilled exhaust.

I'm having trouble with hole shot on through hub props. Is it the Ally, or the drilled exhaust or a combination of the two?

The Trophy with the Ally cut comes out way better. The others (25 Mazco HP4, 26 PowerTech TR04, worked 27 Trophy) run good and get the R's they should but are all slow to get out of the hole.

Is the drilled mid gonna make me need to stay with over the hubs or have I just not tried the right through hub yet?

I've got a beautiful 29 DR4 that I can't wait to run but I'm thinking I need something like a 26 RE4 for a loaded fishing prop.

Am I on the right track looking for a 26 RE4 or is there a better choice?

tomoad

A 28 hydromotive quad 4 ot is a good running prop. Myself I'm going back to over hubbed props. just a plain ol chopper prop is a hard to beat fishing prop. some may disagree but thats my opinion. When you want to get serious with holeshot send it to tim hackney and have the ally cut ( hp cut) done to it.

GotMyAlly

28" quad IV OT is the ticket in my opinion. You drove mine at the fastbass rally. It isn't a drag boat, but it ain't a dog either. I had all the plugs in my prop....no vent holes open at all. With your drilled mid, you'd probably want to open a couple of those holes up. Other than that, ours are set up pretty close I think.

deadeye99

Do you have the allison plate yet? That helps alot by keeping the bow down on takeoff. Bob

RedAllison

Pops I'll second what Neal said, HYDROMOTIVE!!! The Quad IV X OT is just such a nearly perfect "All around" prop. It carries more weight than anything else out there, once you nose over it will accelerate as well or better than any of the props you asked about. And it typically will be at or near the top of the speed competition when hauling a tournament load. To max your holeshot out you'll have to talk with Todd and yall can figure out how many and what size relief holes it needs. It also drives like a Cadillac and handles rough water like nothing else. That's something you CAN'T say about the choppers/overs. They might drive decent and are quick but they are TERRIBLE rough water props because they slip so much when barely on plane, the Quad IV has it ALL OVER them then. To maximize your holeshot try a ball in the jackplate and the Allison ET cav plate will considerably help your holeshot.

:beer:
RA

ps
If you're hellbent on solid over props then STAY AWAY from the Mazcos. They will crack in NO TIME when used as fishing props! You might want to consider the new 4 blade ET from Mercury. Glenn Reynolds was raving about them lastweek when I stopped in on the way to the A-Rally. They looked like alot more substantial prop than the REs plus they're made from Mercs new alloy.

Last edited:

mha

2 aboard, FULL tank of gas (thought I was going fishing, not running), ice chest loaded, good hole shot and.....

....but more importantly...it was like I'd finally had a driving lesson. The boat behaved beautifully and was MUCH easier to drive.