2003 questions

MGEOD

I am putting a 14 Rapid Jack on . Will I need to change cables? h\Hope not . Want to install hydraulic but not before Christmas. I also want to close in the plate to put some floatation in it . Any one know where to get some caps or should I just plan on making my own? I am running a 225 pm with a 25 trophy atm. I mainly fish . Think that after reading a lot of post on here that I need more prop, what do you guys think? Only had the boat a short while and am still learning to drive her. I am mainly after good fuel mileage but would like to be able to beat someone to my spot if needed:LMAO:. Heck I almost forgot to ask what should I torque the transom bolts to ? Thank guys Mike

BigRedAlli

Cables ya have should be fine. The skid plate for the bottom of the jack plate, ya have to use your own imagination. As far as the 25 Trophy, should make a good learning/ski prop but should be on the limiter pretty quick. If ya like the Trophy's, a 27p works fairly well or get hold of Todd at Hydromotive or Billy at Preformance Propeller. They both know what works on Allisons...:wink

I don't think many will be able to beat ya to any fish'in holes...:big grin

amosXB03

My rig has a hydraulic plate w/14 inches of set back. Hard to say on the best prop...I like a lot of them....the 27" trophy w/allison cut is a good running prop and easy to learn with. The hydromotive also runs really good, a 28 3 blade for mine is the fastest.

I hardly ever use the hydraulic plate on mine, I set it where I like it and pretty mucj leave it alone. I am sure I could squeeze a little bit more out of her if I raised it a little more but....I like to keep it pointed straight.