2003 topend prop?

NoviceDave

This has been discussed many times before but I think there have been some new props that have surfaced that may make this discussion educational. I'm not talking about a fishing prop here. I'm talking about all out performance with light to medium loads. Props that holeshot well, accelerate hard, and put up big numbers on the topend. Also I am hearing that some of the newer props handle very well.

I've heard of a new Hoss Triton (the A03) that is supposed to be designed specifically for the 2003. I beleive the Hoss WASP has been discussed before but I'm not sure if it was specific to the 2003. I've also heard about a newer version of the Hydromotive T3X that is supposed to run well on the 2003. Are there any other new props out there that run well on the 2003? Have you folks tried any of these new props?

I've been a fan of the ET for playing around with light to medium loads. But I've not been a fan of the way it handles (falls off the pad easily when the throttle is chopped and when crossing wake). It comes out of the hole fine but it really accelerates hard and just keeps pulling and pulling to put up very good topend numbers. It is the best accelerating and topend prop that I have tried (performance cut ET, RE3, RE4, cut Hyperdrive, & ron hill 4-blade ET). Any other experiences would be appreciated.

chad202

as soon as I get my new fuel pump installed, I'll let you know about the tx3.

GotMyAlly

I got a T3X sitting on a shelf in my garage.....haven't got to run it yet but I think it may be the ticket. I'll keep you posted after I run it.

John S

I just got a t3x. very stable with good pull and holeshot. Havent had enough time to play around and see topend, but it looks promising.

catfish123

I still like my Merc 30 ET the best. Tops out at 95.9mph with 1 person and fairly light load.

David Lanham

My best top end on my 2003 PS/ 6850 rev limit 225 pro max is the Mazco RE 30.

On a cool day, it runs 96.4 GPS just barley on the rev limit. It won

catfish123

Just for the record, the speed of 95.9 mph that I posted getting with a 30 ET was a 1 time speed achieved. It has run between 94-95 many times but some days, 93 or so is all it runs. 90 mph is easy, anything over that you have to work for and start taking some chances with motor heights and trim being close to the self destruction level........LOL

lightening rod

If I was going tomorrow to buy a topend prop for my 2003/225promaw it would be a 30-32 Mercury Cleaver. Best speed the boat has ever run was 97.5 (2 way average) and it was turning a Cleaver. Holeshot was surprisingly good and it run 93-94 with 2 people. I had all my fishing gear out and my TM off but all 3 batteries were still in there.

whipper

Lightning Rod I havent tried a cleaver but more and more I have heard great things with persons who have on there Allys. With the bottom design of an Ally i thought that a cleaver would work good. The DR4 I run has a lot of rake in it and runs the best for stability of all my props so given the rake of a cleaver stands to reason. I may just have to get a hold of one to try:rolleyes: hmmm. James

vcrash

i tried a 30 cleaver last year and it wasnt good on my ss2000, to much slip and no bow lift, and my boat doesnt need much lift, 88mph was it and sucked out of the hole compared to a trophy 27