2008 Fork Ofishkul Results:

RedAllison

As usual, hadda GREAT time atda infamous FORK!
I LUV dat place even if she was fickle
for the most part. The lake is just awesome, the atmosphere down there is awesome, as is
typical of the big bass lakes in TX they really roll out the red carpet for ya. It's half
the reason that a trip down there is worth it. You can just sense the excitement and
expectations of everyone in the air. You can go fishless or you could just land that lunker
of a lifetime on the very next cast. FIRST RULE of trophy fishing, fish where they live!!!

Walp I think I can speak for all of us when I say our boats are no longer virgins!

LOL my big red barge has several scrapes, scratches and one good "custom pin strip" on the bottom
side that wasn't there prior to her run in with Fork. MAN am I glad I left the Hmotive in TN. That
lake is NO place for a custom wheel. Hittin chit is a regular occurance but Saturday Jeffro and
I put in some overtime. I even hit one that stopped us COLD and hammered the rear end! But I know
better, if you aint in a lane or sure where you at you BETTER BE @ idle speed only so I don't think
I hurt anything permanent, just "used" it for what she was built for.

As for Jeffro and I's "performance" Saturday, walp sometimes you da windshield and sometimes you da
bug!
We jacked em all up Friday only to essentially suck hind tit Saturday.

Saturday had it nettin out like this:
1). Bill "Texan" Parker/Steve Zucca: Day 1- 7.70#s. Day 2- 20.38#s. 2 day overall total 28.08#s!

2). Dennis "TN XB21" Kenny/Andy "Pickwickangler" Parker: Day 1- 1.85#s. Day 2- 19.49#s. 2 day overall total 22.34#s!

3). Jim "RedAllison" McFarland/Jeff "Mercboy175" Brazil: Day 1- 15.65#s. Day 2- 3.17. 2 day overall total 18.82#s!

4). Bob "Bobant" Anthony/Richard McKaleb: Day 1- 2.37#s. They bailed for home Saturday morning after fishing Friday
with a BENT propshaft.

We had one other team (Bob A.s buds Ray Stephenson/Brad Green) that had expected to fish but they had a last minute
schedule change and went to Fork Sunday so by tournament time they had enough TX wind and rain so they bailed Thursday
headed for Guntersville. (Anyone heard how they did on the big G?)

So the awards for the First Annual AllisonOwners.com TX Bass Classic shookout like this:

First day Lunker: Bill Parker/Steve Zucca witha 7.70# bucketmouth!

First day Stringer: Myself and Jeff Brazil with a 5 fish sack that went 15.65#s!

Day Two Lunker: Again the locals, Bill and Steve with a 7.03# fatgal!

Day Two Stringer: Surprise, Bill and Steve with 5 fatties that went 20.38#s!

Overall Lunker: Of course the first day 7.70#er from Bill and Steve.

OVERALL STRINGER AND WINNERS OF THE FIRST ANNUAL ALLISONOWNERS.COM TX BASS CLASSIC: Bill and Steve
with a 2 day 6 fish total weight of 28.08#s. WAY TO GO guys!!!

So there's the skinny. I haven't seen the sun or dry conditions since last Thursday. But that's March
in the big city!!!

LOOKIN FORWARD TO IT NEXTYEAR men!!!
RA

ps
I also wanna thank all the guys for the money raised for Mark Beck's widow Michelle.
We took in $400 in entry fees and I am sending her the $100 that woulda been spent
on trophies as well as $100 for flowers from BR.com. Neal gave me $100 lastweek. So
I hope to be getting all that together this week and getting her a money order on the
way towards weeks end. I also have $100 from Scott "Bluegray in PA" Walker as well
as an extra $100 from Bill "Texan" Parker and a contribution coming from an anonymous
source. I'll report back with the final amounts once it's all in hand, deposited and a
check cut for Michelle Beck!

Last edited:

Bob Ant

Thanks Red for the results. Even though I had some bad luck bending a prop shaft I can't rememebr having more fun for 5 days. My partner, Rich MaCaleb and I laughed for 5 days. My face hurt from laughing. Got to meet new friends, drink adult beverages, and grill outside on a unbelieveable grill. Our road kill even tasted great. We can't wait for the next trip to Fork.

Note about bent prop shaft: We hit the stump in about 20 feet of water. I asked my partner if it looked safe to get going and he said hit it. About 3 seconds later bang-damage done.There was not even a nick on the prop-looked perfect. Must have been a soft strong stump. Thanks to Paul Nichols we had it fixed two days later when got home.

Can't wait to go again. We had a blast.

Bob Anthony