2008 year in review

Speedman

I fish my Ally year round, today we got 12" of snow so I did what any crazy Allison owning fisherman would do....I put the batteries on the charger, got out the snow chains, filled the bucket with sand and loaded an ice pick and shovel into the truck. I have used by boat as an ice breaker for 15 years and not a scratch! I am talking pushing sheets of ice the size of basketball courts out of the way or driving up onto the ice, then going into the front of the boat and jumping up and down until it breaks, then hit the throttle and repeat process! I have fished in thunder-snow storms and 10 below zero days with the wind, the only problem I have is with freezing cables now and then. Last week we got 197 stripers up to 34" in one river in Ct, it was cool! Here's what the boat looked like after a recent trip, that's my bro with a Ct river smallie! Merry Xmas you guys!

Attachments

John S

You are either veeery commited.....or should be. If you would quit bustin it up, and let the ice thicken, you could put a shack out there and stay warm.

Speedman

Ice fishing is for drunk meat eaters!. I hate it up here when the folks who have white buckets and keep everything they catch are now able to get out on the water!

John S

Ice fishing is for drunk meat eaters!. I hate it up here when the folks who have white buckets and keep everything they catch are now able to get out on the water!
Thats pretty good! I resemble that remark, at least partially.....the drunk part. Poachers do suck balls fo sho. White buckets?....Its way too cold for that crap, thats what ice shacks are for.lol

Speedman

John, not bashing you at all, Part of the whole serenity, life fixing, peace giving, adreneline rushing, *** kicking, fishing experience for me and my Ally has to do with getting away from everyone. In Mass/nh/vt there are still plenty of places I can run WOT on the weekends with little to no company. There is no such thing as waiting in line to launch or having to get to the launch by 10 am in order to get a parking space like some of the places down south. The few times I have gone ice fishing I have had fun but hate hanging out with the foreigners that frickin keep 4" sunfish and EVERY thing else.Merry xmas! WE got another 10" of snow yesterday. I'll be taking my snow blower to the ramp tomorrow!

John S

John, not bashing you at all..... WE got another 10" of snow yesterday. I'll be taking my snow blower to the ramp tomorrow!
I didnt take it as bashing, just having fun......But even if I did, I wouldnt say nothing, cause you obviously waaay tougher than me! Snowblow the launch ramp?! YIKES!

IRONBLOCK

Speedman? Dang- why not Iceman! Just a suggestion 'sir'; like what John S. said too, burr. Our 'southern ramps' are only busy on tournament days in the winter months. Here in Georgia it was 76 degrees fahrenheit on Thursday and now it is 18 on Monday. We don't have any hard water days, thank the Lord! Question: Do you put snow chains on your boat trailer too? Please keep dry and safe- Tight lines.

Speedman

Don't need chains on the trailer tires and sometimes it sways when I am going around corners on dirt roads trying to climb hills with speed. We often launch off the bank if we can't get to the ramp!