2013 rally

skewby

on watts bar lake in east tn. june 16-22 i think are the dates. allyfish has a post under national allison rally with the dates as well as the hotel info

skewby

roy just recruiting all i can for fun on the bar....lol really i just hit new posts and saw it. getting bored behind the desk today

West Coast Bull

Ron post some photos of your houseboat trip and maybe you can "wake the dead". Are all the west coast boats still working? Bob I heard your prop shaft and prop took a dive. Gary was your boat running at new speeds this summer ? Hope we can get Lou back to the rally.

SLOmofo

Mike, I haven't had the engine for about a year. I got back from Havazoo, Az last weekend. The Sack O Cats III is back on and at my shop. A new set of pistons, other stuff and a bunch of tweaking on the dyno. There were a few issues that were taken care of, like retarded timing and running pig rich at partial throttle.
I ran it on the lake a grand total of maybe 20 minutes, maybe 5 of those were above 2,000 rpm. One blip to 7,600. It'll take me a lot of seat time to get comfortable driving it again.

badbait

Gary, I was in Dave's shop a few weeks ago when I went to the Parker 300 race and your motor was on the dyno. Dave said he was getting ready to make some pulls if we wanted to hang out for a while. We needed to do some testing so we were not able to stay. Dave has a really nice setup there and is working on some really neat projects. We had to run completely stock for the class were in but I sure would like to run some of his stuff. After you ran down my 2003 as a bass fishing platform. I pulled the motor off and put it on another boat that could really use more power than the stock 250 XS.

badbait

Gary, we really would have liked to see it run but we had set a time to meet Tony and let him have a little seat time in the boat plus try out the 7 props we brought for the race. As it turned out a used prop that I had just picked up on scam and fleece was the prop everybody liked the best. Trouble is we had no idea how many hours were already logged with it. From 30 to 100 plus it was the fastest prop we had with us. Scott and Steve said with there history of prop failures they didn't want to take a chance on running it in the race. It was good that we didn't stay since it took us until almost dark to test all the props that we came with and Thursday was the only day we really had a chance to test. Plus we were really tired since we left Chico Wednesday evening at 9 PM and arrived Thursday morning at 10 AM. I didn't drive until early Thursday morning and when we got out of the truck I noticed a couple of orange cones stuck under the trailer. I got down on my knees and looked to see if I had also gathered up the flagman. I was glad to see he wasn't there. I don't think I'll be asked to drive anymore.

fastglass1

Ron post some photos of your houseboat trip and maybe you can "wake the dead". Are all the west coast boats still working? Bob I heard your prop shaft and prop took a dive. Gary was your boat running at new speeds this summer ? Hope we can get Lou back to the rally.
I did have the prop shaft break. I was doing less than 1/10 of a mph in reverse when it happened. Total bill was around $2200 but the insurance covered all but $250. That included the lower unit work and a new prop.

Nice thing is, I found a diver and for $250 he was able to retrive the prop. A few scratches but otherwise in great shape.

The boat is all back together and ready to run. Now if it would just stop all this rain, I could get out and test the new prop.

Looking forward to attending the rally again this year. My vote is for a repeat at Shasta. Great place to run and fish and were all together at Salt Creek.

Attachments

West Coast Bull

Glad you are back running bob. If I don't run my boat more next year you can just call it " garage candy " I will definitely be at the 2013 rally if we make it past 12-21-12 . Hope you all have a happy new year

badbait

I've been doing a lot of boating this last year plus a lot of just working on boats. I also am planning on coming to the Rally if someone will tell me where it's going to be held. I'm good with any location that works best for everybody. I hope to see everybody especially Lou, Larry and Ron since they did not make it last year.
Since my Allison doesn't have a motor on it I will either be bringing a Cougar or a Talon. Where is Shorty when you need him?

cj707

You mean mrs. Cozy...I mean Ally. I thought we decided on Salt Creek again