2016 Rally Banquet Door prize drawings

Allyfishing

John (Double J) had a great idea for the banquet drawings. We're going to come up with a dozen or so questions like longest travel to get to the rally, or fastest boat, or who blew up the most engines etc. etc. for the door prizes.

we will post what we've got so far shortly but if any of you have some good ones just post them on here.

Allyfishing

Here's the start of the list of "Awards" that John has sent me as ideas. Rally owners, look them over, feel free to make changes and please add to the list to help us come up with ideas.
Thanks

1. Long Distance Award
2. Hard Luck Award (someone who had bad luck during the event)
3. Rode Hard Award (worst looking boat or most used)
4. Best Buddy Award (someone who went out of their way during the event to help someone out)
5. Anal Award (cleanest boat or the one who was constantly polishing their boat)
6. Participant Award (someone who really helps out to put this event on)
7. Night Owl Award (the person who refuses to sleep and party every night late)
8. Crowd Favorite Boat Award (maybe 2 awards-1 for bass boats and one for sport boats)

Number 8 could be made into 2 Awards. Crowd Favorite Sport Boat Award and Crowd Favorite Bassboat Award.

I see a category missing...Fastest Allison Award

Of Course, a lot of the Awards are on an honor system and we all know everyone at the Rally is Honorable!!! o_O

Allyfishing

Helpful Hand Award (this one might be the same as number 4?)
Early Morning Award (Who was up the earliest the most often)

RoseXB03

What about shortest distance drive, lol. All joking aside I am 10 minutes from Euchee. If anyone needs any leg work or info let me know!

DOUBLE J

Options:
1. do a public vote on the awards (say night before award presentation)
2. pick a small committee to pick the awards.
I personally like option 1 which gives all owners a vote
Once the award categories are decided we could post them on the itinerary post so that everyone would be aware of the awards and throughout the week owners are on look out for who they think should be a recipient of a particular award.
Opinions?????

john4utvols

I guess I better start looking for an A-boat. No prizes and plus Nancy Will be mad at me again for not bringing an Allison.

biller31

I think I could've won number 2 last two years straight! Brand new motor probably preempt me form blowing up during rally week 3 years in a row. (Knock on fiberglass)

We'll just go ahead and crown Skewby with number 7 right now and get that out of the way... lol

Allyfishing

I guess I better start looking for an A-boat. No prizes and plus Nancy Will be mad at me again for not bringing an Allison.

John if you don't bring an Ally you will win the Non Ally Boater Award!!

Double J add that award category to the list!!

Allyfishing

I think I could've won number 2 last two years straight! Brand new motor probably preempt me form blowing up during rally week 3 years in a row. (Knock on fiberglass)

We'll just go ahead and crown Skewby with number 7 right now and get that out of the way... lol

I thought of you right away when I typed up #2.

I don't know that Skewby has #7 wrapped up......he's got a lot of competition there on that one....Roy...John....Brian...some of the gals...??? lol

Last edited:

biller31

Yeah... but for consistency??? 9 nights in a row, nobody goes toe to toe with Robbie Newby and wakes up the next day before noon. NOBODY! (Note you never see me on the water before noon because I stay up to verify Skewby and I put it to bed!)

mittenbass

Another award idea:

PACK RAT - who keeps the most gear in their boat.

I could bring a bathroom scale and we could weigh everything. Would probably be pretty funny and we could get creative with the prize for that one. Just a thought I had.

Allyfishing

Just a heads up guys......These Awards will be done at the restaurant at Euchee Resort on Saturday nite during Karaoke nite. NOT AT THE BANQUET!!

There will be a few raffles at the banquet.

John (Double J) and Will (brother-in-law) are going to orchestrate this Saturday nite. this will also cut dwon on the length of time spent at the banquet and get everyone back to the Bar (and that is Watt's Bar and Skewby's trailer bar) sooner.

suicidealli

Lol. This should be fun.
John may not be in a STD this year. Just a nasty rumor though.
How are you doing on sponsors? I can donate, or buy some beers at the marinas.
Whatever you guys prefer.

Roy

Allyfishing

We're always open to donations to help with the costs of the food (cookouts). The banquet will be a charge and I am working on getting a per person charge for that as we speak.

Thanks for offering that up Roy!!!