2017 Watts Bar Rally - Details & Agenda

Jon

Supporting Member
I'm hoping for no rain this year, a motor in one piece, and smooth water. I'll probably put in at Lou's some this year to make things easier as the 280 does not have an econ mode. I'm off Wed-Sun. I also need to still work out a docking scheme for the XR.

fasteddie

rick i might have some left over shirts i'll have to look and make sure. i'll do shirts and cookies again i've just had to much going on for now to design one. hopefully by the end of the month i'll have a design to ask nancy for approval.
What kind of cookies are you baking????????????
Love you Robbie.

THutch

Thutch have you got anyone on the phone yet?[/QUOTE
Not yet. I tried Monday and left messages again. Frustrated. Is there anywhere else to stay on that side of the lake? I'm not inclined to spend a bunch of money to stay on the other side of the lake.

XB03AllyProud

Well I was super excited to finally meet you all and have a blast but I'm now having to back out of coming down.
I just got back out to work in PA after a month off to due my father passing away. I took off for what we had hoped was just a week or so to be home when he had open heart surgery on March 30th and till I knew he was good and just waiting to come home for recovery. The surgery was supposed to be 1 valve repair and turned into 2 repaired and 1 replaced. Surgeon was confident all went well and then 10-12 hrs later he started kidney and liver failure signs. It was 1 step forward and 2 back for couple weeks. About 2 weeks later he was alert enough to recognize us, smile, wink and mouth to Mom and I that he loved us and understand I believe that we were telling him how much we loved him and it was ok. The next day wasn't as good but close for 1 of my 2 brothers and my 1 sister to share with him a similar exchange. His liver numbers and bilirubin started improving and they still were confident My youngest brother had a tough situation and they kept telling us till the last evening he was going to make it so with his job and 900 miles and such he was hoping on that and waiting to come when Dad was alert more and recovering. He never made it, On the 18th of April he passed away at 1:23am. So I am now missing my best friend, father, and best man I ever knew. I just don't have it right now to think about vacation. I work for and with a awesome bunch and they carried my work load and never asked for loss of vacation days or PTO days per se' but still I can't right now be thinking of vacation in 6 weeks or so.
I had my powerhead down at Jay Smith for his magic and he was great working with me through this time and I finally got it back but still have several hours to get the boat finished before I can even head to water for the initial breakin. I ordered a bunch of goodies from Bill -new 2nd seat for back center , 2 new matching covers, misc parts and such to finish my refresh. Dad was really proud all the years of anything I did but he was looking forward to a ride in this one for sure. He will always ride with me just not the way I had hoped. One time years back I took him 100 MPH in my STV Sprint and he loved that but knew that was tame compared to a Allison ride. He was only in my XB03 2x's to about 75 and loved it more than any ride he ever had in a motor vehicle.

I have a trailer #10 I believe it is with a deposit at Sam's Boat Dock for the whole week reserved so if someone needs a place it will be available. I will be calling them in next day or so to release it.
Skewby, I again really appreciate your boat storage offer from earlier. I still haven't made it to Texas to get it or put wife's pontoon up for sale. This year was all about being home as much as possible with Dad and running to TX was not in the cards yet. So next year it is on for sure, I will have the Ally all dressed and ready and this way I'm not tempted by any of you to break protocol on engine breakin Jay has lined out. And who knows , we may later in year run down for a few days and if we do I will let you locals know and we can maybe meet up. So until later, you all be safe and enjoy!

XB03AllyProud

Thanks XB03, much appreciated. I'm busy enough back at work now that it helps keep mind off it and I know he'd want us all pushing ahead. I have years of great times and memories so he isn't lost to me.
I got looking ahead today at calendar and a couple events I need to be out here at office for(Big sporting clays shoot June 2nd) for 1 and hell I may be off this week of Rally with out taking vacation. I don't have set schedule that I have to be in office, I usually come out to it for 16 days or so +/- and go home for 10 or so. I typically travel back on a Sunday so I'm in office couple times a month for a Monday operations meeting. This would work good except if I did come down I'd have a hr or so each am to work on laptop and be tied to cell phone during day if something went on I needed to tend to. It would be no different than when I am home for the 10 days or so, just working from lake instead of house. So I'm gonna hold off on calling George at SAM's for a week or so till I figure it out more and if I really could get boat together. Just be starting break in on motor at rally -that would be not good. But at least again, I'd be at lake getting it broke in and meeting new friends.

Mick

Xbo3allyproud, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! If you decide to make it down, I'll be at sams again as well this year, George is a great guy and looking forward to staying with him again this year! Glad you sent your motor down to jay, mine wound up being a little worse than I thought ;)

XB03AllyProud

Thanks Mick, I cancelled with George today so Trailer #10 is available for the week at Sam's Boat Dock to anyone still needing a place to stay. I still haven't got the boat together but when I do I may bring it out to PA(work) so I can get it out on some weekends for motor breakin. I'm super pleased with Jay experience and have only seen/ heard it run in video's. Really be excited when its pushing my boat down a lake. I will contact ya if/ when I bring it out to work. Maybe a few of ya in Pa and myself can get together. Gonna miss meeting everyone at Rally--call George if you need a place to stay. He was a great guy to deal with both in Jan booking and today cancelling.

Mick

Yeah ten-4! Lmk for sure!! Gonna make a trip out to rays town and get together with Catfish123 and some of the guys from s&f hopefully this summer! Like you work is crazy this summer!! Thank goodness cuz the last 8 years have not been the most profitable ;) for us working boys. Hey if you still have my number shoot me a call sometime, I'd love to talk about your build. Good luck and yes George is a super guy and funny as all get out.

jeremy hood

How far away do you think you would have to stay without making reservations? If I'll be able to make it it'll be last minute and don't know how long we can stay. Thanks!

skewby

more than likely you would be able to stay at lake side marina if you just show up. that outs you 6-8 miles away by water and no more than 15-17 by land

Mick

Props to you and Jen Skewby and everyone that helps to make this AWESOME week happen! Super siked!!! Motor is running like never before and looking forward to sticking some big Tn bass :)