2023 xb21

jaybluez

I posted in performance motors about my 250R. My rig is a 2023 xb21 Bassport pro elite with 2023 Merc 250R and 9” of setback. I have about 50 hours on it and have been working on getting speed out of this thing. I live on Toledo bend so I am not looking to break records so I want it setup more for rough water. I removed power poles today just to help with the rough water ride and it did help. My best speed so far is 79.8 @ 5700. This is with a 30p promax which I will be turning down to get more rpm’s. I also have a 28bravo getting some cup added but best I’ve done with it is 76mph at 6000rpms. I have the hydraulic jackplate and I’ve tried every setting on this thing from 1.5” below the pad to high enough to turn the ass end loose and hooking. Trim has been all over also but I found at even with the pad and trim at 6 is the best setting, I’m just not getting the speed people say I should. It’s not overly loaded but I have found I can get to 75 quick then from there the few mph I get is hard earned. When I get to 75 the lip comes into play and the nose pushes down . I’ll be at 4.5 ish on the trim then I’ll start working the trim up to get the other mpg but that’s all it’ll do. I’ve called Allison factory to talk to someone about setup but no calls back yet. I tried another guy I met but he’s not running same setup as me. I tried Tim Powell also but he did not answer so I’ll keep trying him until I can get some answers. Any help would be appreciated.

jaybluez

Was able to talk to Tim this morning and I received some good advice which I will be looking into.