225X

Blueally XB21

Anyone have an idea how much it cost to rebuild a 2002 225X? While fishing Cumberland lake this weekend it developed a knock, Got it home and discovered number one cylinder looks like piston ring pieces are embedded in the piston top! The cylinder wall doesn't look bad. I'm not sure what caused the failure yet. I haven't disassembled anything other than removing the head. Could have been side pin type pistons, not sure yet. Trying to decide what to do at this point, rebuild or new motor.

THutch

Anyone have an idea how much it cost to rebuild a 2002 225X? While fishing Cumberland lake this weekend it developed a knock, Got it home and discovered number one cylinder looks like piston ring pieces are embedded in the piston top! The cylinder wall doesn't look bad. I'm not sure what caused the failure yet. I haven't disassembled anything other than removing the head. Could have been side pin type pistons, not sure yet. Trying to decide what to do at this point, rebuild or new motor.
Call Paul Nichols at Nichols Outboard Engineering tomorrow. He is in Soddy Daisy TN.