26 Chopper/2003XB/260 (Tournament load)

BruceMerc

I have read lots of good reviews with 2003XB/260 merc using 26"chopper with a tournament load. My 260 is stock except for 1"spacer and A6 Drag Box. The question is, have the results been better with stock out of box chopper or cut version? I have had good results on my last boat with Mark's Props Plus "Bullet Cut" and have run that same 28 pitch prop on the "03" and speeds were the same as 28 Tillman and 28 ET Cut chopper (tourn load w/driver). Seems like this boat needs full blade with heavy load to keep bow up specially with tackle up front and 2 guys behind console (cold days only). Engine is on 14 1/2" Allision jack pl, set a center of prop even with pad bottom.

chad202

Bruce, what I've found is the 2003 likes more blade. I've run a couple handfull choppers with all different cuts. The best is a RL cut ET. There is a lot of blade left on this prop. The ally cut choppers or performers don't seem to run well on my setup. They seem to peeter out around 93ish. The fastest fishing wheel I've ran and am looking for another cause dum dumb a$$ sold it is a Boger worked 25 trophy plus. The trophy ran 96-97 with two aboard, 1/2 tank of fuel, water/fish in livewell, tools, oil, and tackle for two. My RL cut is faster but I keep that one for special occasions.

BruceMerc

Chad, would you happen to have a picture of that RL cut prop. Just curious if the cut is just on trailing edge or if leading edge has also been cut. The Bullet Cut leaves the leading edge in tack and trailing edge is cut, but not as much as an ET.

chad202

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow. A little of the leading edge is cut but at the top. The bottom looks to be left alone. The trailing edge is cut and comes to a slow radius point in the tip. I'm trying another 25 trophy this weekend but it was B&B by a local prop guy in Gonzales so I don't know if ti will run as good at the boger one.

BruceMerc

I have 5 days off this weekend for the Mardi Gras holidays so I plan on trying a 26"Bullet Cut(Props Plus) and I might run my 28 a little more with a lighter load. Looks like it will be a cold weekend. Thanks for the help. Bruce

chad202

I'm leaving today for Concordia. will fish friday and saturday. the high friday will be low 50s with sunshine all day and will get into the 60s saturday. come on up if you looking for something to do.