28 Allison cut Chopper II

catfish123

Just thought I would report that this Allison cut Chopper is a great prop. I have run several ET's and I like them a lot on my XB2003 with 225X. I can honestly say though that the more I run the cut Chopper, the better I like it. It is real close so far to top end speeds achieved with the ET's and it seems to have a better "grip" on the water. I have not quite gotten it to the limiter and have hit 91+ mph with it. Work was done by Performance, (Billy Eaves)

pacman809

I'm looking into have a 26"chopper modified to a"Allison cut". Sounds like Performance did a nice job- do you have a phone number?
Thanks,
Pacman

Myron

I have been telling people on this site that for years, when my buddy was at Lake X i did a lot of testing with props on my 2002 and also on my 2003, and from my experiance the ChopperII was always faster except on a 2002 with a 280 running light, but on a 2003 the chopperII was faster, I even turned Glenn Reynolds on to the ChopperII and he has taught me so much about Allsions.

catfish123

I never had a chance to run a stock Chopper II but I do like the worked one I have.........Although I haven't quite achieved my highest topend numbers with it, it feels "safer" to me. The boat does not feel as loose.

chad202

Billy needs to make a Ally cut 4-blade. That should make a great fishing prop. I really like a 4-blade for the handling and loaded carrying ability over the 3-blade when fishing with two aboard. My boat drives SO MUCH EASIER with a 25 trophy than my RL cut ET.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I second the opinion on the Allicut chopper II, I have a 28 done by the Soggy Bottom er..Soddy Daisy boys and it flies the 2003 like nobody's business, while carrying a heavy load.

This prop also has an added benefit, at least on my old setup of SS promax + 14.5" of setback. It was "blow out proof" insofar as I tried. 1/4" below to even with the pad, all that would happen when you overtrimmed was that the nose would drop a little, predictably and slowly each time, without a violent event.

And yeah, I've had some violent events in that boat with other props.

For fishing load and easy driving, the Allison Cut Chopper II is a great prop.

wj225

Myron

are you talking about a stock Chopper II or one that has been cut?

Bill

Myron

I have only ran Lab props but I have had props done by Performance and they are top notch

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Wj, I was talking about a cut (modified) Chopper II. It worked better for my 03 after it was cut by Performance Prop.