28P Bravo vs 28P XOB 4 blade on XB 21

twsykes

Any input on the differences between these two props on an XB21 2012. Thanks guys

RiverRocket

Here is an older prop shootout I did before I really had my setup dialed in. The props were run back to back, so they all ran in the same conditions and with the same setup. The XOB outran the pack that day, but it took forever to get up to speed. It took so long that I didn't hit the max the first few times, because I thought it was done. I have tested other XOB's and while they were all fast on the top, they all suffered from a late lift and very slow to 85 vs the Promax and Bravo.

The Bravo XS and the Promax have always tested out about the same. I have a 300 with 1.62's so I need 8 vent holes open to be quick out of the hole. I have always struggled to get a stock Bravo to run on the top without work. They seem to get a little crazy after 93. The Promax doesn't have that issue and runs great in stock form. I have a 32 Bravo that is just shy of 100mph right now and a 30 Promax that runs the exact same speed. I have not run a Hydro since I changed my setup. I would venture to guess it would remain a couple of MPH ahead of the Bravo and Promax still.

I think the XOB is the faster topend wheel. You will just pay a lot to get one, plus it is technically a labbed prop. If you toss a blade you get to repeat that cylcle of getting another prop to run just as good. The Bravo and Promax are cheap in comparison and readily available.

You can see the Hydro comes out of the hole fine, it just dies after 50mph or 15 seconds in. What's not reflected on the chart is distance. The other two props are way out in front because of the lag after 50.

Prop Comparison.png

RiverRocket

XB21 Prosport 300XS 1.62's. Boat, motor, gear, gas, and driver has me at about 2,900lbs on the water for these tests.