30 Lightning ET Work on a GS with a 225PM

glassman

Anyone run a 30 pitch Lightning ET on a Grand Sport? Going to borrow one from a friend and I don't know what to expect.

whipper

I hear there real fast without a load of any type. They dont have as much lift in them as a Chopper11 but light should be great top ender. Just what Ive been told. P.S. You got water up there yet? James

catfish123

I have an XB2003, not a GS but the 30ET is by far the fastest prop I have run and when adding about a 225lb passenger, it only loses 2 mph. I believe they get more of a bad rap for not carrying a load than they deserve. If you add a whole lot of weight such as 4-5 people, it is then not the best prop.

Last edited:

froggy

GlassMan,

My XB03 buddy has a PMax 225 on his bote. I ran a 30P ET to 96 mph at the limiter on his rig. 14" offset, 1/2" above, full of gas, trollmotor, 3 batteries, some tools, and a few fishin rods. Time after time I got this speed as we were testing props to run with a load.

You will like the ET if your offset and engine height are proper.

froggy

glassman

GlassMan,

My XB03 buddy has a PMax 225 on his bote. I ran a 30P ET to 96 mph at the limiter on his rig. 14" offset, 1/2" above, full of gas, trollmotor, 3 batteries, some tools, and a few fishin rods. Time after time I got this speed as we were testing props to run with a load.

You will like the ET if your offset and engine height are proper.

froggy
I think my offset is 12" (Allison jack + Land and Sea electrojack). Also I am much lighter than your load (no troller, 1 battery etc). I am looking forward to trying this wheel!!!!

glassman

I hear there real fast without a load of any type. They dont have as much lift in them as a Chopper11 but light should be great top ender. Just what Ive been told. P.S. You got water up there yet? James
Hey James
Do we have water? Yikes!!!! I wish!!!!!!!!! Just last weekend I was out on the lake with my F1000 Arctic Cat checking fuel maps (it is an EFI) so I am prepared for next winter. It was bizarre, 2" new snow on top of an old melted down base. Good traction, doing fuel mapping and speed runs-like 115+mph in April! Global warming WTF? Need some hot weather soon. We are headed for Lake Havasu the begining of May and my boat is stuck in the boathouse. I need the ice off the lake to get it out!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry

whipper

Hey Glassman same hear,you better get the heaters out buy the boat house or a tiger tourch or something.:laughing I still have a foot of snow in the backyard!! The ice is comeing off the lakes a little late this year because of all the fools not burnning as much gasss!!They reversed the global thing to cooling now for Pete sakebanghead Just came home after night shift at 6am and it was snowing out for a while -2. Your trip down south should be great eh. Your buds picken up a boat or moter down there right? Well have fun Ill be hopfully runnen the cold water in a week or three.Since I cant go to War I entered in a fishen derby last weekend of May. Going for the 30-40 pound lakers in a remote lake up north:gone fishing they sould be right up top early like that.Hope your et just rippes on there! Im interested how she turns out. I know it will be fast I was comparing saying light load because I think a 30chopper11 would be just as fast but carry the bow better on a GS but havent tryed an et so well see. John Richied told me the ET would be super fast on my GS a while back. I bought the 30 Chopper11 for an alrounder fast prop so I could bring the family and ripp when there on shore without a prop change. Im not sure with 400-500 extra pounds on board and full fuel an et can performe like that with the narrower blades? If ya ever get a chance to try a 28DR4 from performance youll love that thing also for skiing and hole shot to mid!Later James

Last edited:

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
One caveat on the 30P ET/225PM combo....be careful to watch your rpms and EGT (if you have a pyrometer) it would be easy to overprop that combination and lead to detonation in #5 or #6.....saw it happen at WAR 2002, all depends on setup, I would run it high personally (even with the pad) just 02 cents worth

Lou