3rd place in the Ally last weekend

Speedman

Started out the day with the "honey do" list and busted it out so I had time to take the kids to the pond for some punkers.First stop was Walmart and a new Barbie rod and real for my daughter, her first spinning rod. They had a blast and got about 25 between them,then back home where they helped me vaccum and wash the boat and get ready for our 2nd tourney of the year at Northfield. I fished with my brother Dave as reg fishing partner Rivernut was up in Nh fishing the NEBA protrail. We had a cool blast off and headed down the river at 90+ mph! that was fun, got to our first spot within minutes and Dave nails a 1.5 lm on his first cast followed by 6 smallies all before I had a chance to cast!.Then the next boat pulls in and gives us that "wow, I never seen a boat go that fast before" and when we caught #6 and culled, they couldn't believe we already had 5 in the boat! Well now its 7:25 and we got a limit! he caught about 4 more on his tube while I was chucking about 10 other baits looking for a bigger fish. I then picked up a crankbait and on the first cast a 3.25 smallie hit it right next to the boat So now in our minds, we have 1 as we know we need at least 15 lbs and change for 5 fish to win. we started heading back up the river, catching smallies at will at just about every stop on the river on various baits, but all were 1.5-1.9 lbs. The second 3 lber came on a tube on a random cast out to the middle? whats up with that? My bro has a tendancy to pull fish out of knowhere. I switched to a jerk bait and started catching them everywhere. We stopped and talked to other guys all day and everyone was nailing them up and down the river. With about 1/2 hour left we pull up to a log jam and I get 3 and then Dave gets 3 including a 3.5 lber which turned out to be our biggest fish. We lost one jumper that cost us 2nd place and ended the day with 5 smallies for 14.55 lbs, 2nd was 14.7 and first with a 4.5 lm was 15.5 lbs, all from the cove. got enough $$ to cover the entry and the $50 gas bill for the day! the pictures are the best few as they came out of the well
we had so much fun, when the tourney was over, we put the boat back in and headed into Nh which was off limits in the tourney and got another 25 up to 3 lbs in less than 1.5 hours! Total was over 60 fish! I don't keep score in tourneys as it is truly a partnership, not a competition!
Oh yeh, remember Allison's can't catch fish and you don't need speed in a bass tournament!

Attachments