94 Xb2002

Bucketmouth

Hi guy, first post on the prop board so here goes....

94 Allison XB2002
91 Mecury 150, 2.0L, not an XR6.
Prop is a Trophey Plus 23P, 4 blade

Got the boat last spring and have ran with 2 guys and fuel and gear, finally. It rockets on plane and hits 6300RPM, about 63 MPH. This motor is recommended to run about 5800 rpm. Tried out my buddies Trophey Plus 24P 4 blade and got the following; Great holeshot, 66 MPH and 6100 RPM. Had a GPS and ran 74.3 top speed on this same prop. But loaded real light and airing out the hull big time, didn't look at the tach, it was for a short burst looking at top speed. I mean, I was really trimming it up! Not level like it wants. I got the chinewalking down and have low water scoops on it too, water pressure is good.

After going to the lake we stop by Cabela's and go into the "Bargain cave". They have 2 Ballistic props there. One is a 25P 13 3/4', 4 Blade. The other is a 25P 14 1/4' 3 Blade. Did I mention they were super cheap? One is $140 and the other is $160 or so.

Question one; These are for Yamahas and will fit a Merc if I use the Merc thrust (brass) washer?

Question two; Does it seem about right to go to a 25P?

Question three; 3 or 4 blade?

I don't, at the time, have loads of cash to throw into props, but these seem to be a great deal. Which do you think I should look at or should I just send mine in to Mr Boger?

Thanks for what knowledge you can offer, Brett

Yeah, I know the Allison deserves better than that 150, but that will change next summer.

jaybluez

I haven't heard many good things about ballistics on v6's. I've been told they work better on 115's or so. I'd go w/ Mr. Boger. Turn it up and thin it out!