"ALL IN THE FAMILY" truck

WildWolf

My PA in crusing mode:cool

This truck (67 F100 Ford) was bought new by my Grandpa and used during his retirement to pull a 26' travel trailer of the same era, he traveled all of the lower 48 and Alaska twice(the dirt highway) no AC. Dad bought the truck in 72 when Gramps bought a new F250 Dad kept it till 79 he didn't want to sell it (family,bills ect.) but asked the guy who bought it to give him first try if he sold it. 1984 the guy called (can you believe that?) we bought it back over the next few years my brother had it then I did then back to Dad. When I was a kid at home I seemed to all ways have 2 or 3 rigs drove Dad nuts I'am a mechanics son. Dad restored it in 2005 everything paint, motor, ect. Its OEM drivetrain was a 352 4spd. manual steering. Now it is a 410 police intercepter,C6 auto,P/S, factory underdash A/C, those wheels are OEM Ford Bronco I think. Dads been a Ford tech since 1963 and had his own shop for about 10 years now hes gunna retire in a couple years but he will keep a few CASH accounts, he cant sit still. He wants to start a muesum for his vintage snowmobiles (50 of them). That truck had about 305,000 miles when restored and today its about 315,000. Thats why I'am bias to FORD 41 years on the road I'am 43. You know we all seem to have a thing for all this stuff (it sure is fun) boats,cars,trucks,
ect. But I think its the memorys atached to this stuff,
history of family and freinds, is the REAL reason we do it.

WB :at the bar

PS, I get the truck and my bro wants the 65 Mustang
(72,000 miles) bought NEW by a freind of the family (my third GRANDMA)and always maintained by my DAD and given to him when she passed. Family and memorys!!!

RedAllison

KICKAZZ history there Wolfster!!! :beer:

Yep those "family cars/trucks" just get too us gearheads and we CAN'T let em go. I have my grand dads Marlin rifle and Savage shotgun (he got when he was a kid) and despite my uncles howls of protest, he handed them down too my dad because he wanted me to have them. (I'm the only diehard hunter in my dads family.) They mean as much to me as anything else I have. I likewise ended up with many of my step-fathers guns before he passed to cancer in 01/05. It's stuff I'll hand down to my grandkids.

THAT's the exact same reason I want my dads 72 454 Chevelle. Sure it's money in the bank, but most importantly it was his. It's a cherry that will survive me and I'd like to hand it down too my grandkids some day. We certainly could never find any of his cars from his youth and even the ones he had when I was young, that's why I ain't lettin the Chevelle get away. That trucks been in your family since essentially day one. That makes it a part of the family of course!

:at the bar
RA

SHADOW2.4

Nice FORD and even nicer that it has been in the family !! Something to be proud of and passed on to other generations :cool

Speedman

Very cool story and lots of great memories. I have a 79 z-28 that I have owned since 84 and got laid many times as a youngster in it! I have my granpas 64 buick special with 22k miles on it. I will be getting a 1946 Chevy flatbed pick up and a 45 MAssey Harris tractor that still is used today!