Allison sponsor????

SLOmofo

Many of the circuits, if you don't fish out of a X boat with a X engine you leave a whole bunch of $$$ on the table! It's the Skeeter/Yamaha circiut and the Ranger/Merc circuit etc,

GotMyAlly

I'm not sure exactly how many boats Allison is building a year but I bet it is somewhere around 30-50 boats. Even giving just 1 away to a pro would hit their bottom line hard.

MoodyAllison

I’ve got a friend who will remain nameless that has been my neighbor now for about half a year. He works in the world of marketing and literature that is associated with bass fishing and knows a lot of people. I took him fishing in my boat the other day when the temp was in the upper 30’s and he commented how it rode and the wind protecetion it offered (so the subject was in the air about Allison’s).
He had heard of the name but never ridden in one. I kept it under 80 for his piece of mind and just found it odd that that they are as rare to someone who is enthralled with boats and fishing for his full time job. Anyways, I am gonna be getting him to go with me to the water more so I can pick up some pointers from him and need to talk him into getting one. But, there we are back to the Skeeter and Yamaha thing (pulled with a tundra of course). It sure would be neat to have more eyes on them to realize how good they really are!

alc

They build a lot more race and pleasure boats than tournament fishing boats. If they were to chose one person to sponsor then every one else would be pissed off. They don't even sponsor race boats.

Allyfishing

I read in B&W Mag that a select few Pro's got to test some bass rigs and the XB21 BasSport Pro (traditional 2 seater) was one of them and they were very impressed. I can't for the life of me though remember all the comments associated with it.

I don't blame the Allison's one bit for not giving in to one of them as a sponsor, there's no loyalty whatsoever!! The only one I can think of that has stayed with their rig is KVD...that says alot about his loyalty toward his sponsors.

Kevin Wirth just announced his retirement from professional bass fishing at the Classic and he thanked his boat sponsor and engine sponsor and said his 2009 year model held up well for him. 2009!!!! There's one guy that didn't get a boat annually...that doesn't happen often. Of course he is not one of the really big names either, but a very good fisherman.

K.Kiser

I get alot of "pride of ownership" for having Allisons... Reasons being the quality, their mindset toward watercraft, their loyalty toward their fanbase, and the fact that they are a limited production company which leaves us as a limited few... I like the fact that everybody else has x-brand, and we have Allison's and that Allison Co. don't sponsor pro's which would only raise the purchase price for us non-pro's... I can say this, if Allison's became common place like Ranger or Triton it would break my heart and take a little chunk out of a sport that I've loved since childhood...

whipper

I get alot of "pride of ownership" for having Allisons... Reasons being the quality, their mindset toward watercraft, their loyalty toward their fanbase, and the fact that they are a limited production company which leaves us as a limited few... I like the fact that everybody else has x-brand, and we have Allison's and that Allison Co. don't sponsor pro's which would only raise the purchase price for us non-pro's... I can say this, if Allison's became common place like Ranger or Triton it would break my heart and take a little chunk out of a sport that I've loved since childhood...

I feel the same way. Allisons, Get one or Follow one.
:big grin

reward69

To date I havent seen another XB on the water and can count on one hand the times I've seen an Allison on the water. Heck I live 5 minutes from David Shook and I've only seen his boat on the water once. Like previously posted I enjoy being the only one around with one. It does make for getting gas a lengthy ordeal sometimes. Last time I stopped coming home from the lake a guy walks up and starts asking questions about it.

Darth VMAX

But those lengthy ordeals are a lot of fun for me. I am so proud of my rig (even though she is 22 yrs old) I really enjoy educating people about Allison Boats. Heck, two days ago my next door neighbor's brother was in town and he came over knocking at my door asking if he could show his bro my boat!

Never got that with my Stratos! LOL