Angler of the year

flatout

Well I did it!
After coming in 2nd for the last couple of years I finally won the "Angler of the year" title in my series. www.temiskamingsmallmouthbass.com
I caught 102.2 lbs over 6 tournaments that's an average of 3.4 lb. per fish. That's a lot of smallies!!! Biggest fish I caught so far this year was a 5.65.

Only one tournament left. It is the big one on Simcoe where 30 lb. bags are what it takes to win. (yes that's a 6 lb. average) We won it in 2008 with 28.36 lb. but have only managed a 3rd since. Wish me luck!

www.simcoeopen.com

Howard...

Darth VMAX

COngrats!

Thats some work, dedication and a little luck to get that!

Good Luck!

whipper

wow congratulations you must be so stoked!! Thats a big deal for sure. Good luck on the next tourney also, hope your bags the heaviest!!:beer:

SmallJaw

Way to go Howard! You are the king of the northern smallies no doubt. That is quiet the accomplishment you achieved. I used to fish Smallmouth Inc.'s national trail and I won a few events. My best ever average in a tourney was just over 5 lbs a fish. To catch a 6 lb average is astonishing. We don't have those kinds of smallie weights very often around here any more though. Too much live bait fishing I think. Some day I want to come up your way and fish for those clear water monsters like you have been catching. If I ever get to come I'd love to meet you while I'm up that way.:smile

reward69

Awesome, nice to see some of us ally owners put it on them. They think we can only go fast.