another day of wasting other boats...

Speedman

Had a tourney last weekend on the Ct river in Mass, had boat number 10 and the guys in boat 1 knew the spot I was going to. They came up to me and said with a sad look on their face.." I guess we'll have to find another spot to start". So the number 2 boat is also going to this creek and the kid says. "guess you'll have to find another spot to start. there is no way you will catch my champion with a 250 on it". The creek was only about 15 miles away and the water was high so I cut some corners over flats while the other boats kept to the main channel and wasted this clown at the first bridge about 5 miles away!Guess he learned a lesson! As he came up the creek he was just blown away, literally, and shook his head in disbelief as he went up further, none of us caught a thing up there, but it was worth seeing his face in disgrace! Went on to finish 8th, bummer, but I live for the tourney takeoffs! After he came up to me and as usual, had to go over the entire boat and make excuses as to why his rig wasn't running as fast as it should! :D

jimmyb

gotta love the excuses... at least you had a pretty long run to make up some time... most of our runs here are short (couple of miles) so that makes it really hard to make up more than a couple of spots

chad202

I'm 12-15mph faster than anyone else in my fishing club so they don't waste their breath. :lol:

AllisonboatsMS

Had a similar episode a year or so ago in a Big Tourney on the Mississippi River.Was over 150 boats 3 flights of 50, get on plane next boat calls and so forth.I was number 2 in second flight, guy i know but dont fish with was number 28 in flight 1.He knew i was on fish in a small pocket way up the river from Desoto and Told me his Blazer with a 225 was fast enough to out run my Allison to the hole.
They called blast off and started calling boats.I idled up by him and put on my helmet,giving him a little smile, i have a real nice full face helmet, makes me look like Darth Vader and keeps the bugs out of my teeth at 100 MPH.It gets rough as hell going out the little shoot from Desoto into the river with 150 boats shooting through it but i stayed in the Ally till it broke into open water and ler her eat.His blazer was easy to spot its orange and red,i think it took me all of 4 or 5 miles to run him down and he started 5 min before me.When i passed him i even took my hand off the wheel long enough to wave....Dam he was pissy the rest of the year.

pacesetter

Chad

Guess what?

I'm thinkin about given u sum competition. Might join ya'll club. Been talkin to big red and coupe.

I might not bring in da fish, but i'll make ya put ya foot on the gas. 8)

chad202

Ain't nothing wrong with that Andy, if we can't catch fish, we could put on a show racing up the down the lake. I need someone in the club with the same interest as me. I had the only Blazer and now the only Allison. The other guys like speed but think they will get it from a Champion or Triton. :lol:

RedAllison

chad is right, most guys know they don't even stand a chance so they don't even try. BUT... aint it fun with the ones that are clueless or think they have a chance??? :twisted:

The ones I really like are the truly "unsuspecting" souls who see you coming up behind them about 1-2 miles behind so they STAND ON IT SON and just know their mighty 225-250 powered sleds are gonna keep your attack from comin over their transom. But the show is usually over when you swing by close enough that they can tell what you are, then it's usually either "get out of the way and start makin up excuses" or sometimes the truly thickest skulls pull over and start fishing some obscure (or completely bare) section of bank or cove too which they explain too their partner, "I told you we could beat that hotrod too this spot, them Alli's aint all that"!!!

I don't know whats more fun, haulin a load into the 90s with a stock 225 or simply cruising in the 80s with your partner up front behind the console with you and they honestly think they are only going 65 or so yet can't understand why you keep catching and passing everyone like they are dragging their anchors! :oops:
RA

chad202

What funny is, we draw names out a hat to determine take off order and my name seems to always come out last. :p I don't like to push my boat hard but instead of them just letting me go first, they make me go last and pass them all. I guess they just like to see me go by. :lol:

JOEALLY

It's cool to pass the 225's and 250's with my lil 200xs. I love to see that rooster tail jump up when they see you coming from behind, you know they just gave it all she had, which most of the time ain't enough. There are still some others out there that can get me (but it takes a big motor on a good hull), but most just drop back and look down :D
Chad, I need someone in my club that shares my interest too. There is an ally (bass sport I think) with a 225 HO rude, but I've never really seen him open it up. :?:

xb2003

I just dearly love passing them Bullets. I am just blessed our local trail has so many Bullets and Blazers to spank. Cruzing by them at 85 waving while they are over there sawing on the steering wheel giving it all she's got :lol:

J

John Richied

It was a long time ago but I can remember cranking down the river in my ole Stratos/225 1989 Yamaha Excel thinking I was haulin the mail in the low to mid 70’s… In around 1995 150 horsepower outboards were the most common engines on bassboats, around here anyway. I think most ran 60 to 65ish on the GPS and 70 on the speedometer, so passing other bassboats was pretty easy.

I had read about Allison boats but never saw one run… One day I was on the water and saw an Allison going the opposite way as me… It was an XB-2003.2.5 260 Merc; I was just stupid enough to think he was chicken to turn around… LOL
It turned out that rig could run 102.7 mph on the Gps! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

“Get One or Follow One!”

flatout

We have a river tournament and two hot shoes in new Stratos boats thought they were fast until last Saturday. Both guys were 1st and 2nd off the blast with us way back in 27th. Its a 35 mile boat race to Bisset Creek where the bass concentrate and so do the bassboats! Well 15 miles out I caught up to both of them neck and neck about 20 yards apart and side by side. When I passed I jacked my motor all the way up and had a rooster tail 3 stories up. Passed them at 90 mph right between them. Scared the crap out of them cause they didnt see me coming. Soaked both of them and disappeared in the distance. Im not sure if they were pissed or amazed but both of them wished they had brought a camera (and some extra shorts). We had two fish in the livewell on topwater before we even could hear them coming. :lol:

J

John Richied

What a gutsy move, passing right between them. :p :p :p

Im not sure if they were pissed or amazed
I think they were probably pissed, amazed, and WET! :wink:

2HOT4U

most people don't have a clue just what an ally can endure. from kicking but to kicking a chop on da water.they look at you like damn!! where did he come from. yeah they pull over in some stupid bare bank just to say they haven't been beaten LOLI love it