Bank Loans for used Allison’s

Jhanson

Can someone please explain why the banks value a 1997 xb 2003, with motor and trailer for only $12,000? I see them all day long for $25K if they are clean. Are the banks out of touch or is the market just high right now? I want to purchase one, but the bank has me wondering about overpaying... thanks!

stuart gary

the boats hold their value really well when maintained. not to mention they don't make the xb2003 anymore. outboards lose value as they get older. I guess you can try to compare it to an antique car or truck--to some they are worth plenty and to others they are just old

stuart gary

if for some reason its an older boat and newer motor, the motor will actually carry the value instead of the boat.
Everyone should set up an Allison fund. It can be just as important as a college fund!!!

Jhanson

Thanks, It will be good to spend quality time with my Son on the lake fishing before he goes off to college and to the real world.

bullwhipjkg

what generally happens around here is they bring them to a reputable boat dealer and get a survey done on it

cause nada is not much help

BigRWater

Allison boat values are a bit like valuing high-end and/or vintage musical instruments. You need an expert willing to stake their reputation on a value for the insurance companies and banks to have much of an understanding of current market values. There are not too many banks or insurance companies willing to loan or insure an original "1959 Gibson Les Paul Sunburst". There is not enough sales velocity...
Contact a company like this one & the banks & insurance companies may be more willing to help with your boat purchase: