Bill Mason (Flyingbutcher) makes Drag Boat Review!!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Congratulations to Rocket!! Here's what they said about Bill Mason in the same issue:

"River Racer 1 saw Mitch Selby holding the round 1 bye and not fooling around with a 12.088 and a 0.114 light. Patrick McTevia had a reasonably large -0.144 red light against Bill Mason, too bad because Mason broke out large at the other end with an 11.606. The final saw a bit of a surprise, Selby started with a sharp 0.058 tree to Mason's 0.177 but Mason drove around him to record a 12.051 win. Somewhere in there Mason pretty much proved that particular outboard will not go over, that's some of the most extreme chine walking I've seen in some time."

:lol: However you get R dun Bill, that was COOL! Congratulations!

There's also a picture in the article with Bill's XB-2003.

I was happy to see "lucky" (Bill will understand that handle) Mason in the magazine. GREAT JOB keeping the Ally's up front!! :p

K

Kevin from FL

Congrads Bill! Nice job and thanks sharing that with us Lou.

Rocket

Congrat's Bill!!! :D

I'm going to have to read it somemore!!!!!!!!! :wink:

J

John Richied

I think Mason still wears those shorts every drag race and will not wash them…. Something about them being his “lucky shorts” :p

Congratulations Bill!

Is this Drag Boat review on-line?

J

John Richied

Oh, that explains how Butch got in it... LOL :p

Still, pretty cool :wink:

FLYING BUTCHER

drag

What really happened was I was just a little ahead of him and got off the throttle through the traps. You all know how Allys react coming off full plane and taking your foot completely off the gas. Little rocky but it wasn't that big of deal, Im sure it looked like it though. As much fun as an old man can have "even with his clothes off or on!!"