Boat lift and marine railway

Lotus 50

I have the good fortune to have a cottage on a lake so my boats are kept at the water. We get a lot of waves rolling in so the boats are kept on lifts.

My SS2000 is on an aluminum railway that my older brother made. Our design innovation is to have the back end sprung. This softens the jarring when the waves lift the back end while pulling the boat out. We have a simple pinned pivot at the front.

Our water ski boat is on a boat lift that my brother made. His innovation is removeable handles. These make it easier to carry out in and out. We have to pull everything out of the lake to avoid ice damage. The handles adjust for height, but we don't use that feature as all the guys we use to carry it are around the same height.

Attachments

Lotus 50

I don't know the railway gage. We bought a used railway and my brother rebuilt the dolly for my SS in aluminum. Then he replaced all the steel track with aluminum. He just duplicated the size we had.

My other brother is in the picture with his dog. It's a border collie and is the happiest animal ever. Sadly I have no dog, nor are we getting one until my wife retires in 3.5 years.

Lotus 50

today's pictures
The boatlift in the snow, in front of a frozen lake, and a picture of our thermometer to show it was cold

Irony of the day. We went up to the cottage to check on things and came home to our house to find a frozen pipe. No problems up north.

Attachments