Bored at work December 26, 2017

nathan margolis

Probationary User
I have not owned an Allison in over 30 years and tickled to see this website still going. I have owned three Allisons over the years (all purchased used in Texas).
The first one was a 1965 13R with a 65HP short shaft Merc 4 cylinder. Would run in the mid-50s in the fifth notch. Had to lean over the deck to get it to break over.
The second one was a weird Allison and from what I was told by Frank Pillsbury Marine in Dallas- a rare one. Think the year was a 1963 but a FLAT bottom Allison with four molded seats (back to back) and at one time had a center steer. It was rigged with a Merc 1250 short shaft with a Bowman 28 inch bronze two bladed prop. Pillsbury said there was a race class for pleasure boats with four seats so Allison popped a few out of their molds. This boat ran in the mid-60s.
The last Allison owned was a 1975 16R with a XS 1500 short shaft with a 28" chopper. This boat was race prepared and would run in the 80s with good fuel but typically in the high 70s with pump gas. That was the last Allison and sold that in 1990.
Below is a picture of the flat bottom Allison taken at Lake Livingston around 1985. A friend posted this in Face Book and that created memories of the stupid things we did and lived through. Note the prop is out of the water. Did bring the boat down out of the air and to this day not sure way the boat did not blow over.
QUESTION- Has anyone ever seen a flat bottom Allison with four molded seats? Never saw one before or after owning this boat for over 10 years. Always wondered what ever happened to this boat ?IMG_4717.jpg