Bravo 1 FS

Garry Hagins

All,
I am looking for information and maybe someone has contact number for Lee Sanderson. I have ordered a boat from Allison and it was delivered to the dealer in Georgia. It is a XB-21 Pro Sport with a 300 XS (brand new motor) with 1.62 gears. The prop is a worked prop (Bravo 1 FS 28 pitch) from Sanderson and the dealer put the prop on today and the motor is struggling to push this prop. This prop was recommended for this set-up by Terry Wingo who runs the same prop on his set-up.

The boat has a hydraulic jack plate on it and the motor is supposedly set up on the holes recommended by the for this boat. I am wondering if it could be a bad motor or prop. The dealer tried contacting Sanderson but was unable as he is gone for the weekend. I am wondering if anyone has Lee's contact info or anything the dealership is missing on the set-up. This is the first Allison they have set-up. I am in need of some answers. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

HELP!! It's frustrating to have my boat setting at this dealership and not being able to pick it up. If anyone has contact with Lee let me know. Send me a text 208-651-7058 if anyone has info.

Garry

Garry Hagins

website is www.sandersonmarine.com All the info you need is there
I had that information and tried calling Lee at the Marina, but they are closed. I am frustrated because my boat is setting at the dealership with brand new motor, boat, and accessories and I am unable to pick it up. I was hoping Lee would see this thread and contact me or the dealership for some input on this set up. The dealer can't determine if it's the prop or the engine and with Lee's vast experience with set up I was hoping for some input.

RiverRocket

What do they mean by struggling to push the prop?

i Have the same combo. A 28 that has been worked (maybe cupped or acting pitched up) will struggle out of the hole. Welcome to the 300xs with 1.62's. If the motor is too deep or not trimmed right especially.

I run wedges as well to assist with hole shot.

I have 3 bravos. Only my 25 is a rocket out of the hole. Both my 27/28 and 30 have 8 vent holes with one set open to 1".

This is my experience with the same setup. Only difference between our boats is you should have the newer shaved lip.

Call if you have any questions. 417-209-4323. Geoff

JWolff

I dont think i have ever seen Lee on this forum but he does get on bassboatcentral. Post over there also in the allison group.

Garry Hagins

Guys all great information. This is a Bravo 1 FS 28 pitch worked by Lee's prop shop. I don't know what the problems is. They are thinking it may be a bad power head.
I dont think i have ever seen Lee on this forum but he does get on bassboatcentral. Post over there also in the allison group.

So I see you are from the Tri-Cities. I grew up there. I bet you are the guy that Steve Wade keeps talking about.

scj

Hopefully they know enough to take the shipping rod out of the trim plate?

And they should not install any of the plugs in the prop.

Garry Hagins

Hopefully they know enough to take the shipping rod out of the trim plate?

And they should not install any of the plugs in the prop.
I have no idea what they are doing it's just been a pain in the butt. I know they run a 25 tempest on it and it ran but the 28 won't run.

scj

I just went and looked at the pictures they posted on Craig's List.
The shipping rod is still in it.
I would demand my boat!!!

Or, they can take the engine off and shove it!

scj

The little goldfish rod that keeps the engine from trimming all the way in during shipping.
It won't allow the engine to tuck under all the way if you don't remove it.
Tell them to read the directions!