Bravo 1 FS

Garry Hagins

I found out what the problem was!!! Steve identified it in the pictures the marina posted. They forgot to take out the shipping rod and wouldn't allow the motor to trim all the way down. Thanks a lot to Steve. Good catch and thanks again.

Garry Hagins

Another problem with the rigging on my boat they set the engine on the jack plate at the wrong height. So now I got to figure out how I am going to get it set on the right holes on the jack plate without taking it back to the marina.

The jack plate all the way up is dead even with the bottom of the pad. Consider they were having problems with the 28P Bravo 1 FS running.

I am not happy with the service I received.

RiverRocket

That sucks. Are they a Allison dealer? Between the Pin, having a tempest to test with, and mounting the motor in the wrong holes they don't seem to be an experienced high performance boat dealer.

I would buy a cherry picker. You can find them for under $200. Probably cheaper than making the drive or paying some other dealer.

scj

Order a Mercury lifting ring then stop by Harbor Freight and pick up a fold-up type engine puller.
If you have open rafters in your garage, buy a chain fall.

props4u2

I actually lost my phone Saturday so this is the first I've seen of this.
The shopping bolt has caused problems for more than one person through the years.
It would be a good idea to make sure the throttle is opening up all the way also.

ROBERT CROSS

Unfortunately sh*t happens....on the GS the SeaStar lines cross as they should but rub on the transom with the motor set even with the pad.
Even with an experienced rigger, when you delegate with no oversight bad things happen.
As noted....sounds like your dealer is on a pretty sharp learning curve...too bad it's not on his own boat.:(