Chopper to trophy

FASTFISHIN

Found cracks in my 30" chopper. Setup: XB2003, 225promax, 14" setback(manual), 3/4" above the pad. With 28" Trophy Plus the boat crab walks at WOT, how much do I lower the motor? Do I need to adjust the setback also?

Myron

leave the setback, drop your motor to about even, I never liked the prodution 28 Trophy, to slow out of the hole

RedAllison

3/4 ABOVE pad? That's awfully high for a stock pad, fishin weighted XB03. You likely will crack any prop if you keep running it that high. 28 Ts never were liked much on 03s. Have you tried a 27? Trophys will crack also, especially that high above pad. The paddle wheelin is because you are so high, 1/2" drop should cure that.

1/2" below to even is where most 03s like it unless you have the lip worked on.

:beer:
RA

FASTFISHIN

The 28 trophy runs well even with the pad with fishin stuff & me. My water psi is low, I'm changing the impeller tomorrow morning before it rains, and I'll try to get back on the water. I appreciate help.

whipper

I always found that my trophy liked 1/4 inch below better than even. Try top end runs at both heights. You most likely wont loose to many mph but will handle way better. Your prop will also last a lot longer as mentioned. The inertia of the prop air born at high engine heights like above the pad will greatly increase wear because of the [Slap} the blade has re-entering the surface of the more dense water.

Last edited:

whipper

Get the hydromotive quad 4, way better than the trophy.
I agree totaly also!!!! i just got the quad4/OT in a 26 last year and I cant say enough about how awsome they are on my hull for all round use. I would say its better than my 25 trophy like this. The Trophy is a 7 out of 10 and the Quad is a 9 1/2 out of 10. If you can find one try one youll agree.
They can run higher than the trophy with no ill effects.

Hydropromax

I agree totaly also!!!! i just got the quad4/OT in a 26 last year and I cant say enough about how awsome they are on my hull for all round use. I would say its better than my 25 trophy like this. The Trophy is a 7 out of 10 and the Quad is a 9 1/2 out of 10. If you can find one try one youll agree.
They can run higher than the trophy with no ill effects.
Every word or that is the truth, plus you get the bonus of the prop builder owns an allison and knows what A boats like.

FASTFISHIN

I have a 28" TROPHY FAT SHAFT FOR SALE. Strong midrange with fishin gear and a friend. I just received a 29" RE3 from John, the motor is going back up! The Trophy did run well below the pad, 1/2" +-1/8". I would like to try the Hydromotive Quad 4 o/t 26"!