class 7 racing

whipper

Is there anyone entered in class 7 OPA racing? This new class is open cockpit Vee hulls 20-22ft. Single outboard up to 250hp 60mph top speed. Ill bet a GS or a 21 basser with a 225 pitched to run 60 top end would do great!! :beer: I wish i lived down there or had the funds to make it i would try it for sure just to see what its like! Allisons up to 60mph fly perfectly flat and straight in the air up to 10ft with a passenger. Just ask my son. haha Must be the wings...:beer:

Lotus 50

All I know is I could get across big waves a lot faster in a 21 Tuff than in my SS2000.

Smooth water, 60 mph limit, I guess the acceleration from the start and off turns if any would give the nod to the Ally.

An artificial speed limit just doesn't seem like racing to me.

whipper

True about the speed and racing.but if you could stay in front and handle all the air born our boats would do well. Allison launch very well when balanced for it.Mine will fly flat for 40 ft or so at 60 and land like on a cloud.If I try and not get air I'll get wet that's no fun. I'm sure though some venues would be to rough even for an Allison. I think though it would be worth a try for sure on select water. The smoothest ride doesn't necessarily win the race. Tuff ,Progression Challenger 21 great choices. The class is made for those boats. But ours can stay with them and out accelerate all of them. So it would be a wilder ride in an Allison for sure. Doable why not. I would say a GS or a Bass Pro 21. The bass 21 would be the best choice with a 300 propped to 60. That would be quite the marketing strategy if a Bassboat won an off shore type race! Heck its a fun class anyway so why not have some fun with it. 20-22 only stipulation is the boat be open cockpit and the speed.

Last edited: