Craigslist ads on the Allison forum

bassracr

Today I log in to recent posts and there are 8 Craigslist ads written by a criminal in another country trying to scam someone . I think the idea to add the Craigslist and eBay ads on here was a good idea in THEORY. But in reality ... it seems a total failure , I think having them on here takes away from this website . It's unfortunate the total piece of crap that Craigslist has become due to all the scammers . Maybe I need to stop hitting the recent post tab when I first log in (habit) ...Thoughts?

Last edited:

Jon

Supporting Member
The fact is those posts get a lot of views, have helped some folks find boats, and have helped others find scams involving their own boats, which prevented others from making a mistake. We do our best to patrol that forum, and delete 2-3 every day on average. When you view new posts, you can see on the right side of the screen, as well as below the subject line, if it is an ebay or Craigslist ad - so you do not have to view them if you do not want to do so. There are quite a few boats listed there weekly which are not posted elsewhere.

bassracr

The fact is those posts get a lot of views, have helped some folks find boats, and have helped others find scams involving their own boats, which prevented others from making a mistake. We do our best to patrol that forum, and delete 2-3 every day on average. When you view new posts, you can see on the right side of the screen, as well as below the subject line, if it is an ebay or Craigslist ad - so you do not have to view them if you do not want to do so. There are quite a few boats listed there weekly which are not posted elsewhere.
Well...I stand corrected lol. thanks for cleaning those out. I"m sure it is a monumental task . My timing must have been bad lately,It seemed each time i visited the site they were a number of them. it's become frustrating to use Craigslist to buy or sell these days ..so many scammers

Jon

Supporting Member
There was a rash of the same XB2002, which I'm not sure what the person's plan is with that one. They never return a call or email.

If you see anything you feel is a scam, there is a "report" button on ever post. That goes to 3 of us who monitor that forum. Just let us know! Also note that we let some of the other fishing boats slip through on purpose as we all have friends looking for boats as well.