Daughter and I took third!

reward69

Here is a picture of me and my daughter taking third in a Fishers of Men Legacy series tournament. One of those should of days, had two good ones escape which would have easily gotten us second. First was a local guide and his son, hard to compete with someone who makes their living on the lake. These werent all our fish we did have a limit just didnt take the time to get all of them for the picture.

SmallJaw

I love it. Congratulations. No better days on the water than with your kids. I do the high school captain gig because I love the kids. My granddaughter, who is 8 told me the other day she couldn't wait to start fishing with me. So, I may lay the bass rods down some this spring and take her bream fishing some. Let her get the taste of the whole fishing experience in a bass boat. Do a little picnicking on the shore somewhere.:wink

reward69

Actually to me it's just like the trace Atkins song "just fishing". She's very competitive and loves being on the water but its great to be just me and her and getting to talk. She's 13 now and we've been fishing tournament for 4 years now and it's been great. I've actually used is to help her learn business and public speaking, I have three small sponsors and I have her contact them with letters and in person to gain some PR skills. She is getting very good at it, she talks her mom into anything she wants!

Last edited:

bullwhipjkg

need to start doing the same my 8 yr old daughter says she wants to fish more

and good luck to yall in the future