Dauphin Lee

strip

I know this isn't an Allison, But since I don't really think it's a competitor of Allison, I would like to ask for some information that someone may be familliar with these boats. I am looking for a low priced, economical and hopefully very temporary replacement fo my boat when it sells. I really like the looks of this boat, but have found very little info on them. I am sure the company is out of business but I have seen a few for sale on craigslist and priced low. Does anyone know anything about the weight and size of this boat and how they performed with low HP motors? or does anyone know of any other narrow beam hulls similar in design as these that I should be looking for?

I want, light weight, low price, and modest performance from a 3 or 4 cyl motor.

I am talking about the 15.5 ft VEE boat on herehttp://leeboats.tripod.com/id3.html

suicidealli

looks pretty cool!!!! strip i that is the future.. there will be a lot of people going to smaller boats/motors. everything is getting smaller cars/suv... if gas hit 4 to 5 buck a gallon, people will do exactly what ur r thinking..

roy

xb03fs

I think a V4 on your xb2003 would be pretty economical to operateI have considerered it myself and thought that with a 115 Etech HO it would get some crazy good gas milage

strip

That would definately be a fuel saver. however, I am also concerned with the fuel milage my tow vehicle gets. I want narrow and light. an XR01 with stick steer set-up would fill the bill. LOL! There are a lot of boats out there that will work such as Fast Craft, High tide, Hunt craft. but the Lee looks to be the coolest. I wish i knew how to build a boat, because I think the changes comming to the boating world will be "go small or don't go". I have some ideas...just no skills to put them on the water. I know if I had a boat company, I would be looking to build some bassers that I could put on the market for under $20K and be pulled with a Camry.

RedAllison

I've heard of em, but that's the first time I've actually seen em. The vee basser looks like a Champion hull under a Shadow cap (with HydraSports graphics) :very happy For sure the tri-hull basser is a copy of Darris' old XST bassers from the 70s! Seem like cool boats all around.

Honestly I'd go to a XB02 with a 90-115 before I could ever "go back" to a 15-16ft glass boat as my primary basser. Economical, easy to tow and I bet you could "piece together" one for under $10k if you took some time. My lil 16ft Lowe with a 50Erude essentially costs nothing to own and operate but I would NOT want it for the only or primary fisher.

:gone fishing
RA

tcrabtree

Those are GREAT lil fishing boats bud.. Unfortunately they stopped building them a while back.. Alot of them around northwest FLA & south ALA area.. They show up every now & then in the local papers..

strip

Those are GREAT lil fishing boats bud.. Unfortunately they stopped building them a while back.. Alot of them around northwest FLA & south ALA area.. They show up every now & then in the local papers..
I check craigslist dailey, but if you should see one somewhere else I would be very appriciative if you would pm me or give me a call. (479)883-4003

Also, are there any members in those areas that would be willing to go check one out for me should I find that sounds like a buyer? I'll buy your fuel and your dinner when I come down to get it.

allison xtb

I know someone that is getting ready to sell a 2002 with a 150 at a realy good price(less than 10,000). He will be ready in about a week.
Gary

strip

My goal here is to sell my boat and buy me an inexpensive rig and use the differance to pay off a few bills. There is no way I would part with my boat id I didn't have too.

tcrabtree

my uncle owns one that we fish out of alot.. most are set up with stick steering & make great boats.. ill be glad to look @ one for ya.. ill keep an eye out also for ya..

strip

I am good with stick steering also. Any ideas on what the hull weighs (a good guess) and what the beam is on one of these. Thanks!

strip

I found the one I want and made a deal on it to pick it up the first weekend in march.

Now just to drive the 10hrs to New Orleans

I need to sell my Alli.....

Ltcbutch

Bet is barely sips the fuel.

If you put your rods up like that you'll learn the hard way to remember to watch your backcast.:banghead

h2oskiier30

As tcrabtree said, Bruce hasn't built a boat that I know of in two or three years. That said, they were well built boats, and a TON of people down in this area own them. Great little river fishing boats, and they will run really well for what they are.

strip

As tcrabtree said, Bruce hasn't built a boat that I know of in two or three years. That said, they were well built boats, and a TON of people down in this area own them. Great little river fishing boats, and they will run really well for what they are.
Bruce has offered to sell me his personal boat, (the red/yellow one in the pics) It is a Center console with a 115 fast strike. He stated that he has ran 63mph. His boat is cool in that it is fast and has a rod locker. But I don't think it is near as clean and he wants more than the one I am buying. The bigger motor would be fun, but I doubt that is worth as much as the Honda Mota.

I can't for see me ever sticking my rods up in the air like that! LOL

Darth VMAX

That is a sharp looking little boat. looks like it would be EASY to keep her looking clean too!

I tried the website and nothing comes up???

GotMyAlly

Cool ride. I bet it'll get in some shallow water places that a big boat won't go. I think you're gonna miss your Allison though!

strip

I know I am going to miss the Allison. It is by far the best boat I have ever owned. There is nothing like the feeling I get when I slide into the cockpit, the look I get when I slide by the big Ranger with the 250 after a tourney take off, or the fact that there can be 10 $50K boats in a parking lot and the kids hanging around the ramp are admiring my ride (The adults admire too...but only from the corners of there eyes for they fear the beast! LOL!)

Maybe, it is a cycle in life where your kids start driving and going to collage, that we parents have to bite the bullet and scale down our passions to meet our families financial responsibilities. maybe every working class parrent has had to make these sacrifices to do what is right, but, I fear that it is the economy that has put the strain on the budget that forces me to downsize the costs of my toys and I fear even more that without some radical changes our children will never have the luxury of spending large sums of money on a hobbie just because it turns them on.

You are very correct! I will miss my Alli. But on the bright side, with the new rig, I will be able to nap between fishing holes.

Here are some pics of the little CC hotRod!

Attachments

andre

Rode in my first allison when i was 15 and i am 46 now. Always said i would have a xb2002 even added extra length to my carport when i built my house in 07 so i could walk out and look at it, didnt wont to store it at my shop i wanted to see it. Payed cash for the house after saving for 9 years and sacrificing on hobbies. No kids dept free and now economy goes to crap and job dont look the best. Just dont seem fair but i shouldnt complain , got a little boat with stick steer and i really enjoy it and its cheap on gas. Hope you enjoy yours its a neat little boat.I feel your pain bro.