Deer shot

merc2five

I got this in an email today.........................

Muzzleloader Season

You won't believe this one.
I was hunting out in Sidney this past weekend for my muzzleloader buck.

Well I got him. I'll make a long story short.

First off, Mike kept telling me he saw a buck with an arrow through his head.

I thought he was full of it, but he kept telling me he saw it again.

Saturday evening we saw this buck jumping around going out of control from about 350 yards away.

Mike told me it was probably the one with the arrow in its head.

The buck was with another one that night.

The next morning I sat up in the tree stand and waited, all of a sudden at about 10 minutes after sun up, there were two bucks that came right to the side of my stand, 30 yards. I saw the arrow instantly and didn't know what to think.

Anyways, he ended up giving me a shot and I took him.

Looks like the arrow was in there probably at least a couple months or more.

No blood or anything and you could move the arrow.

Now check out the pics!

Attachments

jas638

Banned
to see that it just pisses me off. i cant stand bow hunters that take bad shots. its a good thing you put that deer out of his misery. that boww hunter should have that arrow stuck up his keeester! nice buck good job.

K.Kiser

Who knows the circumstances that caused that arrow shot, but I have seen My fair share of irresponsible Hunters and it does piz Me off something fierce... Good shot Man, that deer is better off...

RedAllison

Looks to me like that deer was killed on the spot. No blood and there probably wouldn't be with a hit like that. But there appears to be no blood or wounds anywhere on the deer and a muzzleloader is GONNA leave a mark!

Don't get me wrong, whoever took that kind of shot with a bow is a pisspoor hunter but I suspect the buck never felt a thing. Might have been standing up in that grass in that field back there and a head shot is all the archer had. (Looks like Kansas, Nebraska etc... NOT the kind of buck I'd bother with while hunting in the land of giants!)

One thing about it, a year and a half old buck DOES eat awfully well. :at the bar
RA