Digital trim

whipper

You guys who are racing have a button that raises the motor and trims at the same time that you dial in? Do you guys run the motor deeper off the line then raise it on the go as well as trim the motor up? Just curious as to how ya do it.

DOUBLE J

No, the digital trim is for the trim. You set the motor height and leave it. Most if not all use a stationary plate due to the fact that the more weight on the very rear of the boat will hurt your launch. It's only a quarter mile so you don't have a whole lot of time for playing around. You attach a trigger to the foot throttle and when you mash the throttle all the way it set's the trigger off. The timer is set to whatever time you want(seconds) and the trim runs for that length of time. Usually you do 24 volt trim on the trigger and 12 volt on the wheel for fine tuning down the track. You don't want 24 volt on the wheel cause it is to fast for fine tuning but you want 24 volt speed for the launch due to the trim being tucked under for launching. All this does is to help your consistency. Whipper, it's a shame you don't have drag racing where you live cause it's a whole different game set up wise than running around for top end. Much, much harder to set up to be a consistent winner.

Last edited:

whipper

Thanks for that. I had no idea. I knew there was some way to accuate the trim but had no idea it was from the foot. I was looking at Worthys at Hydro-techs setback plate and saw that it adjusts up and out at the same time. The slide is on an angle. So that made me wonder if drag racers lift the motor at the same time as the trim is being accuated and how that would work if ya did. I see your point as to lightening the package with manual setback, no hydrolics.