E.T. CUT chopper/Jacos edition

Jay Martin

Just got AN E.T. CUT chopper/Jacos Edition and was wondering what to expect as far as holeshot and handling on my XB03.

TBuck2003

Jay just run it. They are good wheels but your combo with the Yammy (Torque) will be different than a merc. No two set ups are the same as far as motor ,setback, engine height etc... Put the peddle down and see what ya got !!! Good luck.

john4utvols

Jay I have had several and they work very well, but like Todd said you have a different set-up than me, and you never will know until you try it.

Jay Martin

Well, I tried running last weekend, Holeshot was fine but thats about all I got to do with the wind blowing 25 MPH...

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, that is a start. I test drove an xb2002 before I bought my 02 that had one of those props. I had never been in an 02 before and I ran it up to 6500 like nothing. It was still pulling hard and I had no idea how fast I was really going. It was a 30 pitch. Real easy to drive on the 02.

john4utvols

I like the RL cut better.
Jacos edition (jacos marine)was for Allison cut by JC
RL edition (lawrenceburg marine) was for a bullet cut by JC
Both marinas are in lawrenceburg ,Tn and were racing each other back in the day, and JC was building and testing props for both of them.

FlatOutAlly

I like the RL cut better.
Jacos edition (jacos marine)was for Allison cut by JC
RL edition (lawrenceburg marine) was for a bullet cut by JC
Both marinas are in lawrenceburg ,Tn and were racing each other back in the day, and JC was building and testing props for both of them.

Good info, John. All summed up in one spot.

Last edited:

Jay Martin

Update, Ran the prop last weekend, prop ran 85.9 @6100 about 2 inches below pad, had to much bow lift. made a second pass with motor at 1/4 below it ran 87 mph @6400 with still to much lift.

Have repitched to a 31 and removed some lift, will try again when weather permits.

Over all it handled great,

john4utvols

I found out yesterday that JC made 3 different bullet cuts. The first one he sold and several other people have the templet and make it. The other two only he has. JC said the RL edition is the hardest cut he does and is very time consuming.

BP1

One of the best props I ever ran was a 26 jacos edition, until it cracked.
Is JC still around and working props?