elk hunting

jimbob88

went out west of augusta mt and my buddy got a old 6x6. old bull. hell of a go IMG00031.jpg (od time!! trying to post pics. jim

bruce pitts

good eye there GFINCH that's what it is the cherokee nations stock 2 bulls and 4 cows
i don't know the year there are now over 30 inside the boundery i would say king daddy is above 1000 lbs there's a lot of white tail deers big one if you go on up i camp out a few time's and seen lot of wild life cherokee nc. is only 35 miles from gatlinburg tn.
indain gap is were i saw the big deer it all inside the great smokymountains national park
so it's look but don't touch stiil nice

Texan

I'm posting this for one of our northern brethren - Mr. jimbob88 - who along with his pal bagged a helluva old bull in Montana recently.

Great job, Jim! Great story too!

jimbob88 said:
elk hunting in augusta area of montana. scott shot this 6x6 this year 585 yard shot. old bull. antlers are real thick until past the first tine. 10" aroun if i remember correctly. not as wide as the one we coin flipped for last year but very big!! the picture i'm holding is of our friend who is in iraq. we were hunting with his dad. figured he would want to be with as well. could have used his help dragging this beast off the side of the mountain!! you owe us big time brian!!!!!! jim

RedAllison

NOTHING ELSE in the lower 48 can match the grandeur of taking a big bull in the Rockies. (Well maybe if you got the scratch for a Desert Bighorn!) I've hunted whitetails, muleys, turkeys, antelope and NONE of them compare to the 368" 6x6 I took in the Gila in NM with a muzzleloader in '98. No hunt was harder, more exhaustive yet more rewarding. Big, open range elk hunting is HARD WORK but when you get a big bull on the ground it makes it ALL worth it!!!

Congrats, that's what keeps you goin back!!! :beer:
RA