Facebook folks please come home!!!

Jon

Supporting Member
Sure is! I'll be busy for the next couple hours.lol
PLEASE load it up with pictures, make a post about it, encourage others to do so, etc. There used to be a great section of pictures on the old site which were lost about 10 years ago (well, not completely lost, I recovered them).

I would love to see the pictures section fill up again, showing off cool pictures, gadgets, wiring, etc.

whipper

i googled Allison grand sport. Went to images. Clicked on the pic and I dragged this one of Jeff right into the box and worked good as you see. What an awesome pic also. lol

dubmoney

I messaged admin about this today, but, just another thought, it would be cool if the forum, had a tab on the profile everyone would list there boat and type of motor and equipment, like on the owners page, but it has been hard for me to cross refrence the people on the owners page to the call signs on the forum. Some one mentioned that the owners page is cool becuase it gives some history of a boat. I think it would be cool to have a cross reference of Hull numbers. For example, I know that 5 different people have owned my boat, I would like to know if those people still have allisons or??? also, would like to know what their experiece with driving my boat. Anyway there is my contribution to bring the facebook people back. I spend time on facebook, but am here everyday. This is better for computer, my facebood icon on my phone leads me to boating people, comments and pictures.

Reactions: 22R

90 5.0

PLEASE load it up with pictures, make a post about it, encourage others to do so, etc. There used to be a great section of pictures on the old site which were lost about 10 years ago (well, not completely lost, I recovered them).

I would love to see the pictures section fill up again, showing off cool pictures, gadgets, wiring, etc.
How do you add to the section where you click the boat type and the owners are there?

My boats there but in the old owners post. I could add recent pics and details but it doesn't seem obvious on how too?

Jon

Supporting Member
How do you add to the section where you click the boat type and the owners are there?

My boats there but in the old owners post. I could add recent pics and details but it doesn't seem obvious on how too?
So... thats a bit touchy. It is a VERY manual process. I do not have to keep it up, therefore I rarely add pictures to it. It takes about 20-30 min per user for me to write the code, upload the pics, etc. It just isn't worth it in the current state. I have wanted to automate it, but boat stuff seems to get into the way :). Winter project.