"Finished" RDW2 pics...

TN XB-21

Breathtakingly beautiful!! You guys should see her in person. You can't help but grin ear to ear!! It is unreal!! The pictures do not do the boat justice!!

RA even pulls RDWII with a red truck that makes the whole package eye popping!!!:smile:smile!!!:beer:!!

Jessie

Red,
That is a beautiful boat. How do you like the rod holders? How do the sliding doors to the rod locker work?

BigRedAlli

Sure would like to see that sweet ride up close and in action!!! :beer:

Nice rig you got their Red...:cool I love that new boat smell :razz

RedAllison

Thanks for the kind words, she continues to amaze me. We got the 997cSI installed lastweek and I used it yesterday, UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Jessie the rodlockers are FINE! I use them like giant "gloveboxes" like the one behind the drivers seat on a XB2003. In my starboard locker I have a paddle and marker bouys and throw stuff like shirts, shoes etc in it. In the other side I have the stick in tail light and a couple of spinning rods. They hold ALOT of rods so for extras and backups there is plenty of room.

For the rods I actually fish with most of the time I will actually put them under the front deck in the big center storage box. (I'll have about 4-6 above deck and about that many more below deck.) It is PERFECT for a rod locker. Under the deck there is a big oval opening under the bow panel so the tips of the rods can stick through there no problem. (The opening is about 2ft wide.) Even 7'ers that aren't collapsable fit under the front deck NO problem. The only thing I plan on adding is some pipe insulation around that opening for rod protection (there is a lip now, so it's not raw glass, but I just want some cushion for the graphite rods instead of laying on rigid fiberglass) and eventually to make some sort of rod rack/tray to mount in there. Lastyear Darris got rid of the "support rod" that ran from the seat post hole on the deck that ran to the floor. Now the hole/base is supported by a large 4 "legged star" that is actually glassed in. So the area under the frontdeck is completely open and easy to get rods in and out of there!

If it's possible, there is MORE THAN ENOUGH storage in this boat. I mean EVERY SQUARE FOOT of below deck area has storage. I ordered alot of the extra storage trays and Plano 3700 boxes eventually I'll have all of my tackle out of my carry on boxes, except my worm bag. And there's even plenty of room for loose wormbags under the tackle systems in the two front storage boxes.

Folks that say Allison never built a true tournament fishermans boat is crazy and have obviously never looked at the 21 2+2 and the 2seater BasSport. They ROCK!!! :beer:
RA

wj225

Red,
Any performance updates like holeshot, speeds, acceleration, etc?

Bill

RedAllison

Bill it only has 4 hours on the motor (only had off the trailer 3Xs) so I haven't really gotten into her very hard. Holeshot wise, with the 1:62s and 27" Hmotive Quad IV X-OB it aint a 02 comin out, but once the bow drops it has OUTSTANDING acceleration, certainly more than I expected and alot better than my 03 had when using a 27" Trophy! That motor is REALLY torquey, runnin along in the mid-range (3K-4K) and nailing the gas you can really feel it take off.

It's a cruising machine as well, at 4150Rs (Smarcraft) the gps is reading low 60s and at 4900 the gps is 73 and change! NOT BAD for a trailerable aircraft carrier, and that was while the gearcase was buried between 1" and 3/4" below pad!!! :beer: If we can turn that big X-OB 6K-6100 then 84-86gps should be right for a tournament load. Darris said with a worked case, light and in cool weather that motor would push it 90. As big as this thing is that's MOVIN, especially with just a "lil ol duece ana qwatuh"!!! :cool

Tomorrow afternoon we're gonna puter in the water and get some more time on the motor as well as learn some more on my 997 side scanner. Neal Edwards (GotMyAlly) and Jeffro Brazil (Mercboy175) and myself are gonna put her through her paces! :beer:
RA

The Cashew Kid

Tomorrow afternoon we're gonna puter in the water and get some more time on the motor as well as learn some more on my 997 side scanner. Neal Edwards (GotMyAlly) and Jeffro Brazil (Mercboy175) and myself are gonna put her through her paces! :beer:
RA
Yeah baby!:beer::laughing:gone fishing

HO

Not bad for a red boat. Makes me want to add a second console to the xtb..

Hope you're doing well RA.

jimmyb

red, you need to put up a pic of how you mounted the 997!

RedAllison

Jimmy here's a couple of quick pics.

http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=3670&page=3

I have pics for the 997 rigging, pics showing a "XB21 2+2 walkthru" and pics showing all the LED and lighting in the boat. But Kevin asked me to put them on CD and send it to him rather than try to do that myself. I had a BUSY weekend and a funeral to attend today so this week will be the first time I get to put them on CD and get it out too him!